[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Demo Vid?

Demo Vid?

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Demo Vid?

Postby Shades_Corvid » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Well today I took the first step in shooting my demo video! I ordered the mount that will allow me to put my iPad on a tripod. Yes, I will be shooting with my iPad.

I am still weeks away before shooting though so be patient but will most likely post my progress here then my blog about it.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Demo Vid?

Postby jugglervr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 am

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:08 am

My current plan is to shoot at my local gaming shop. The mount that I order includes spots where you can mount extra lighting and a shotgun mic which I am planning to pick up next. With those d6Y d6Y it should help.

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby FlakManiak » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:07 pm

I look forward to seeing this. Maybe I can get more friends into the game this way.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby Dukayn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:06 am

When you're shooting, make sure not to get too thinky and explain everything that's happening, because there's nothing more boring to a viewer than watching a bunch of guys think around a table :P
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Well I am thinking of taking many plays from Tabletop (the youtube show), like big chunks will most likely be fast forwarded with a graphic explaining out comes and positions while stopping for the good entertaining parts. The idea is it will mostly just be a vid of us playing then later do much shorter rule chunk episodes.

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby eatrepeat » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:13 am

Please do this, I really need to have 'easy to learn from' resources to get neck deep into something. You guys have done great to make it mostly easy on me :) That said, lego has always been easy for me so the learning curve of the builds only required a few hours of failed attempts on MOC's and a Chub. The game is the hard part for me, as tactical table top games have always been pricey I never played any before. Also my friends hate it when a rule in a game is not clearly known to them. Besides so many people would just watch the videos just cause its lego and its youtube ;)
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:22 am

Well still weeks away before an actual shoot but the mount came in for the iPad and making up an amazon wishlist for a go to list of things left. If it wasn't for the fact I need a new car and a bill to pay off I would most likely have blown a big chunk of my tax return on this project...still might tap into it a little bit.

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:50 pm

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 pm

So I am still bringing stuff together. I have the video making stuff but now I like to make my armies bigger, decide on vid editting software (PC vs iPad) and thinking of making a lazy susan (I can make one out of LEGO, no?). Also I will most likely make several vids before posting them so I can make regular posts for a bit.

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat May 31, 2014 10:08 am

Dark Cloud Blogs is still planning to do MF0 vids. Just been running into a few hurdles and some of them might seem silly.

I want to make a intro vid for my channel first and have a 'cover' for all the different Sites for DCB.

After that I want a play through vid but my initial idea for that has change. I think it will be a demo play through then follow up with some rules vids. After that do a full play through vid.

So that is some stuff going through my mind at the moment.

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scrape » Sat May 31, 2014 6:41 pm

I think the best introductory demo videos would be short, zoomed-in parts of a bigger conflict. Maybe showing a melee frame getting shot at while moving toward a target and then tearing it apart and capturing a station. While this is happening, you can casually explain the rules: "Well, I rolled a 2 on my green movement die but I really need to get there faster. These white dice are wild so I have a choice, here: I could use this white 6 as movement and get where I want to be, but that means I'm stuck with a 3 defense, because I have no dedicated blue defense system and will have to use this other white die..."

Like sort of talking out loud about what's going on instead of a rules info-dump first. That way people get to watch tiny giant lego robots blow up and get a feel for the game first. Then they can watch a full match get played out and see what it looks like from a strategic level and how the initiative system and PPA works. But for the first introductory stuff, just some small little fights might be cool.
Scrape
Been Around The Block

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:29 pm

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion