Imbrium Lunokhod Industries Strike Packs

Show off and discuss all your Attachment creations here; weapons, defenses, sensors, and movement options.

Imbrium Lunokhod Industries Strike Packs

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 pm

I’ve been experimenting with building frame systems into a small, easily transported, back-mounted configuration that I can easily swap on and off during game setup. I previewed the project in my VS-M/A-Z9A 'Muku' Post. That frame is equipped with a green system that started as an opportunity for me to start exploring the Maxifig Hand possibilities.

d6G VS-M/A-Z9A 'Muku' with wings extended (rear) by Jay Biquadrate As an aside, if you want to see more Maxifig Hand awesomeness, Drazelic (Zerovirus here on the forums) has been giving them a thorough workout.

I've also bricked up a couple more packs and as inspiration strikes (no pun intended), I'll post more. My goal is to have obvious systems that are as easily swapped as hand-held ones.

All systems are modeled by the VS-MX-04 'Rangi'. Discussion thread here. Most are a little big for table play and wouldn't work with a CHUB-sized frame.
Full album on Flickr here.

d6G Collapsible Variable Mode Hi-v Strike Pack by Jay Biquadrate

d6G Combination Squad Leader Strike Pack by Jay Biquadrate

d6G Long-range Zero G Strike Pack by Jay Biquadrate

d6G Long-haul Semi-autonomous Heavy-lift Strike Pack by Jay Biquadrate

d6G Standard Short-range Jump Pack by Jay Biquadrate

d8Ra Railgun Artillery Strike Pack by Jay Biquadrate
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Re: Imbrium Lunokhod Industries Strike Packs

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm

I've been following this on Flickr since the beginning, nice to finally see it here.

Those are some fine packs indeed, the Long-range Zero G one is my favorite, it has a very strong UC Gundam vibe!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:39 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I've been following this on Flickr since the beginning, nice to finally see it here.

I'm glad you're liking it. I've had some of these designs bricked for more than a year, but real life keeps conspiring against me actually taking pictures and getting them edited. I'm really excited to finally get them out there for people to see.

VitorFaria wrote:Those are some fine packs indeed, the Long-range Zero G one is my favorite, it has a very strong UC Gundam vibe!

Gundam was certainly a inspiration. I got the original idea from the GAT-X105, although the Packs on the Striker Gundam were never varied enough in my mind. I think that pack in particular was inspired by some of Zizy's older, Brickshelf-posted, designs.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby soriansj » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:47 am

My fave is the short range. Probably cuz of its simplicity.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Weapon & Equipment Designs