Moronic Munitorum official thread!

Show off and discuss all your Attachment creations here; weapons, defenses, sensors, and movement options.

Moronic Munitorum official thread!

Postby MoronicCinamun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:22 pm

I have decided to, instead of flooding here and/or fb page with my gear (which I have FAR too much of, way more than I could plausibly build frames to use at once :lol: ), that I would make a thread and add to it; the equip forum doesn't seem to get much love anyway.

Without further ado, I will introduce my latest* range of direct fire weapons, designed for soldiers new and old!
*The first two are technically reworks of previous weapons, but they are new enough to warrant a new designation.

Imagexcommunicator by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr
Imagexcommunicator chub by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr

The Xcommunicator is a fairly conventional weapon based on a rather old design, it features a quick-link belt-in-a-box feed system to give a nice balance of rate of fire, caliber, and reliability. Comes standard with side carrying handle, stock, and top-mounted holosight with HUD integration.

ImageNeo-Kalash by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr
ImageNeo-Kalash chub by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr

The NK is a glorious weapon made for the people! Rugged and heavy, it is extremely reliable and relatively low in recoil thanks to the weight. It features an oversize charging handle for easy cycling, even by the least flexible of frames, and a reflex sight with wireless HUD-link.

ImageP-9001 by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr
ImageP-9001 chub by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr

The P-9001 is a true space-age assault gun. It is primarily designed to be compact, with a top mounted side-turned mag with standard hud-linking, as well as a backup ammo-readout. It's true power lies in the advanced block of incendiary nanites located in the "barrel". The projectiles pass through a matrix that coats them with the incendiaries, which arm when they contact the metal and feel the heat of the gasses, creating bright tracers as the shots fly. The incendiaries combust on impact, and greatly expand the killing power of the low-caliber high velocity rounds, as multiple rapid impacts create veritable firestorms on the target.

Imagejohnson by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr
Imagejohnson chub by Moronic Cinamun, on Flickr

The Johnson stub-gun is another classic design, re-imagined for giant mechanical hands. It utilizes moderately powerful rounds held in a quick-change box mag, forgoing long belts and fancy high-cap mags of many modern guns for simplicity. With a simple recoil-based operation, and ironsights in addition to the standard modern HUD-link, the gun is even more rugged than a Neo Kalash, if perhaps less spectacular! Also, the rear ironsight doubles as the charging handle.

I hope you enjoy this installment, I hope to make another "episode" soon.
Next will probably be the latest long-ranged weapons, which range from frame-scale hunting rifles to massive railguns (how original!), and perhaps later a collection of good-ol-fashion krumping tools!
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Re: Moronic Munitorum official thread!

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:08 pm

I love the vehicle axis as the core plate of the first gun, nice use of this part!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby MoronicCinamun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:35 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I love the vehicle axis as the core plate of the first gun, nice use of this part!

Thanks! I stole the base from somewhere, but I can't find original thread even though I participated (which is where I showed the first iteration of that gun), so I guess it got deleted/swallowed by the Warp.

I think it was based on a design based on a design made by someone by the name of Neoez or something? Neo-something with a z in there somewhere :lol:
Before that thread, I didn't even know such connection were possible on the axle bits, and I had to dig the part up to try it myself XD
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Postby soriansj » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:26 pm

You are talking about Neoaez. And thread (from yours truly) is here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5219

I like all these. Great work.
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MoronicCinamun » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:17 am

soriansj wrote:You are talking about Neoaez. And thread (from yours truly) is here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5219

I like all these. Great work.

Ah yes, that's the one! Thanks and thanks
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Return to Weapon & Equipment Designs