Mind Blower add-on equipment

Show off and discuss all your Attachment creations here; weapons, defenses, sensors, and movement options.

Mind Blower add-on equipment

Postby milt69466 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 am

I wasn't really sure where to put this so, I'll put it here.

I was suprised when I havn't seen anything like this here on the forum but here it goes. A hard suit for mobile frames! :o
Mind Blower add-on equipment by milt69466, on Flickr

This all started when I was tinkering with the T.A.R.T. armor and it struck me, I said "Heck, i'll just complete the set!" and there you have it, a hardsuit for mobile frames.

Technicaly, I think this counts as cheating as to equip the suit, the chub's arms and lower leg must be removed :|

Anyway, C and C welcome. I'm not sure about the lights on the roll cage, should I try mounting them on a different type of clip?

And what type of rules would this get. I'm thinking of putting a campaign together.
banner by milt69466, on Flickr
我们是红色团体,争取桃子!
milt69466
Been Around The Block

Re: Mind Blower add-on equipment

Postby gatlinggouf927 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 am

mind blowing indeed, FULL ARMOR CHUB lol
I came from the bottom, now I made it to the top. Newtype flow I'm the hottest on the block. Somebody tell these haters that I'm never gonna stop. Till I kill em all like a colony drop. I'm yellin out Sieg Zeon, Sieg Zeon

-Richie Branson-
gatlinggouf927
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm

This is seriously awesome. I can't tell you how well you captured that bulky, powerful feel.
Good job on the flame by the way.
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby gusindor » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:56 pm

milt69466 wrote:Technicaly, I think this counts as cheating as to equip the suit, the chub's arms and lower leg must be removed :I

Just fluff it as an expansion pack or upgrade, instead of "yo I heard you like mechs so I put a mech in your mech so you can pilot while you pilot." It makes marginally more sense. (Not much mind you, but something this awesome only needs the barest minimum of logic!)

For a campaign, you could use the five pieces of the armor as stations, although that would mean it only "armored up" between battles. It looks like d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6B, unless you want to make it more powerful than a normal frame, which is a puzzle people have been trying to solve since day one.

I love imagining the expressions of the enemy pilots as this thing lumbers onto the battlefield.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby milt69466 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks everybody

I'm still working on all the fluff for my companies and frames.
我们是红色团体,争取桃子!
milt69466
Been Around The Block

Postby Xero010 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 am

Cleaning my head off the screen, it occurred to me that this remeined me of transformers energon, when optimus' tow truck would transform into armour. Lol never underestimate the vanilla chubs ability to be upgraded beyomd belief.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
Strike Fast. Strike Hard. Strike without Mercy.
Xero010
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hackjob » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Mind blown!!! This is awesome- it reminds me of the "Super Veritech" armor from Robotech- fantastic!

-Hackjob
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby morganm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:46 pm

That's really sick; nice work!
morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby milt69466 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:44 am

Thanks!
我们是红色团体,争取桃子!
milt69466
Been Around The Block

Postby killenjoke » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:20 pm

gusindor wrote:
milt69466 wrote:Technicaly, I think this counts as cheating as to equip the suit, the chub's arms and lower leg must be removed :I

Just fluff it as an expansion pack or upgrade, instead of "yo I heard you like mechs so I put a mech in your mech so you can pilot while you pilot." It makes marginally more sense. (Not much mind you, but something this awesome only needs the barest minimum of logic!)

For a campaign, you could use the five pieces of the armor as stations, although that would mean it only "armored up" between battles. It looks like d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6B d6B, unless you want to make it more powerful than a normal frame, which is a puzzle people have been trying to solve since day one.

I love imagining the expressions of the enemy pilots as this thing lumbers onto the battlefield.

I like this idea for weapons and equipment , possibly as an expanded modded rule set. Have it so the controller of the station gets upgraded weapons and equipment. reminds me of BF4, when you control an objective you get vehicles.

this would also motivate our enemy to capture your stations and eliminate the massive threat. It would create a dynamic change in the game play.
killenjoke
Newcomer

Postby MoronicCinamun » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Is it bad the first things I thought of wasthis? :lol:

But yea I actually really like it, this is damn cool. Although like they said, what stats would give? I guess the d6B d6B is a must, otherwise though it might just mostly be fluff + cool, unless like they said you want to make up rules (which may not be balanced).
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Postby BlackReaper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:08 pm

What?!?!?!?!? This thing is awesome! Reminds me of the Hulk Buster armor Iron Man uses
Monsters don't live under your bed.
They live inside your head.
BlackReaper
Newcomer

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:34 pm

NICE! Makes me think of Super Robot Wars II. Definitely going to have to experiment with this concept.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Weapon & Equipment Designs