Spiked Phantom - my first true IO build

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Spiked Phantom - my first true IO build

Postby Trokodile » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:28 pm

I was trying to build a frame but accidentally built a spaceship. That's all the story behind this. Nothing else.

Loadout: (not 100% sure how to do an IO loadout/classification, but I'm trying here)
d6Rd d6Rd d6G d6G d6Y d6W d6W

Lore:
Sergeant Axel, ASF wrote:General,
XXXXXOur scouts have discovered that PROXIMATION has somehow managed to harness the reality-warping technologies of interspace travel into a machine that can transport a ship not just through space, but also time and realities. Because of this, they have access to more resources than initially believed. It is also possible that they may be in possession of otherworldly technologies that do not yet exist in our universe. This makes them much more of a threat than before, and immediate assistance is requested at our position.
XXXXXSo far, the technology is only present in one type of vehicle, the Echidna-class Spiked Phantom, but it is necessary that we prevent this technology's implementation into other vehicles. If it ends up inside a frame, defeat will be sure and swift.

End Lore
Hey, congrats! You found the hidden text! The color is #E0ECEE if you would also like to add hidden text! It can also be used to create an indent.

Also, does anyone else ever have that problem with wedge plates where you always have like 27 left-side ones and 2 right-side ones, and the colors never match up? That's the ONLY reason for the yellow stripe on the Spiked Phantom, honestly.
my FULL gallery

The war has begun...
It is here...
It rages across the galaxy...
All that remains to be seen...
Is not who will win...
For there is no winner in war...
There is just one who loses less.

"Press #E0ECEE for stealth mode!"
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Re: Spiked Phantom - my first true IO build

Postby Artasid » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Not a bad first attempt at an IO build Trokodile, but I have to ask, is this a Capitol Ship or a Frigate?
The reason I ask is because Capitols get 4 systems and Frigates only get 3. Plus IO vessels can NOT have movement systems. (I've been confused about this at first myself) Frigates get a free d6G because they are smaller and more maneuverable.
for more rule clarifications you can download the rulebook pdf here Intercept Orbit Rulebook PDF

Trokodile wrote:...
Also, does anyone else ever have that problem with wedge plates where you always have like 27 left-side ones and 2 right-side ones, and the colors never match up? That's the ONLY reason for the yellow stripe on the Spiked Phantom, honestly.

This is a problem I have almost ALL the time with wing wedges. There just never seems to be enough matching sets anymore. However, when I try to use them and I come up short in matching colors, I do something similar as to what you did, but then I try to incorporate more of that misplaced color into the build so it looks more intentional. But overall, do not worry about your builds being a mix of colors, we are all limited by what we have on hand.

Plus that splash of yellow actually makes the ship more visually appealing. So even if it was accidental, I think of it as a happy mistake. lol
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Artasid wrote:Not a bad first attempt at an IO build Trokodile, but I have to ask, is this a Capitol Ship or a Frigate?
The reason I ask is because Capitols get 4 systems and Frigates only get 3. Plus IO vessels can NOT have movement systems. (I've been confused about this at first myself) Frigates get a free d6G because they are smaller and more maneuverable.
for more rule clarifications you can download the rulebook pdf here Intercept Orbit Rulebook PDF

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING OUT THE PDF! I spent a good hour looking for the completed final one, but came up with nothing. I didn't know anything about the rules yet and wanted to read them first, but couldn't find them. I'm not quite sure about the loadout right now, but I'll take another look later.
my FULL gallery

The war has begun...
It is here...
Is not who will win...

Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Trokodile wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING OUT THE PDF! I spent a good hour looking for the completed final one, but came up with nothing. I didn't know anything about the rules yet and wanted to read them first, but couldn't find them. I'm not quite sure about the loadout right now, but I'll take another look later.

You are welcome! lol, I had a hard time finding the rules too when I first started. But for me it took almost a week to find. I've bookmarked it since then in case anyone else needed help finding it.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:14 pm

Trokodile wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING OUT THE PDF! I spent a good hour looking for the completed final one, but came up with nothing.

Not your fault, Joshua should really have this file on some place easier to find! Might try to hit him on Twitter about that!

Great ship, by the way
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Trokodile » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 am

VitorFaria wrote:
Trokodile wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING OUT THE PDF! I spent a good hour looking for the completed final one, but came up with nothing.

Not your fault, Joshua should really have this file on some place easier to find! Might try to hit him on Twitter about that!
Great ship, by the way

Gonna have to second that suggestion... One alternative would be to have a Pinned post under the two Rules forums with the rulebooks linked there...
And thanks, I still don't know how a frame became a spaceship...
my FULL gallery

The war has begun...
It is here...
Is not who will win...

Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Return to Intercept Orbit