Roserin Transit Gate HVA

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Roserin Transit Gate HVA

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:07 pm

The Roserin transit gate, located in the Noheh System around Noheh B, specifically orbiting the joint rights colony of Colonia II.

In addition to the standard capabilities one would expect of a TTA jump gate, this ring gate design includes an upscaled module for housing and launching TTM mobile frames, a multi-pronged space dock with modest built in warehouse space that can accommodate any commonly configured transport ship, and an incredibly powerful comms array that acts as the cornerstone to the Noheh B system's network. The Roserin lacks food production facilities on a scale large enough to feed the entire station, and must rely on food ferried up from Colonia II, a portion of which it takes as taxes before allowing the rest to jump to far off markets.

Notably, while most if not all jump gates house their own TTM squads, the Roserin has recently added a significantly larger module than is typically seen in response to the recent Ijad invasion and occupation. Although the Ijad were driven from the gate and Colonia II through the surprise (and expensive) intervention of the Dramstellar megacorp transiting a fleet cobbled together from orders in their shipyards from neighboring Noheh A, the fleet was not able to remain on station and began the long (but dramatically cheaper) sublight trip back to the shipyards to fullfill their orders. While the Solar Union was not able to station a peacekeeping force in the system to guard against future alien incursions, it is hoped that the beefed up TTM detachment will serve as a stop gap until either the Krewstara Consortium (the megacorp that technically owns the rights to the Noheh B half of the system) can afford to order ships for a peace keeping task force or the TEM fleets can contain the Ijad threat. RUMINT also suggests that the extra marines are intended to act as a subtle threat for Dramstellar and Krewstara to behave themselves as Colonia II transitions fully into a joint colony (the heavy price extracted by the former megacorp to save the latter), as the additional frames could be deployed to provide the colony's UMFL as reinforcements.

ImageRoserin Jumpgate, Noheh System, in orbit around Colonia II by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Image'Rear' Gate by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageShuttle Docks by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThis Great Metal O by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
Master Solar Union/Federation Fleet Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Roserin Transit Gate HVA

Postby SamSam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:04 am

instrux PLZPLZPLZ!!! wanna built mini Halo!
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:10 am

That's actually a really nice use of the hollow 4x4 round plate Hyrdromancer. I may have to try building a few of these myself for my IO games. lol :lol:
Nicely done as always.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:43 pm

SamSam wrote:instrux PLZPLZPLZ!!! wanna built mini Halo!

ImageInside reveal by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Instant space ring, just add greebly bits.

Be sure to share any pics of what you brickup, the both of you!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Fantastic build, as usual!

Your futuristic space structures are the best around!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 am

The Hydromancer wrote:...
Be sure to share any pics of what you brickup, the both of you!

Thanks for the interior shot. And as per your request, I couldn't help myself lol

ImageD'Rav Transit Gate HVA

This Transit Gate orbits the solitary planet of D'Rav, the planet home of the Grand Dustashim. The gate itself has long since been established before the Grand Dustashims rise to power, but in order to increase his trade federation, he has used a good portion of his wealth to improve upon the Transit Gate. In addition to its primary use as a gateway between systems, it now also serves as an interstellar Trading and Market hub. Numerous businesses vender in the attached market station. The entire complex relies on it's Solar Panel collectors for power as well as living conditions. The station attached is self-sufficient with one noticeable flaw: It lacks its own defenses, and must rely on the protection from the Grand Dustashims Orbital Fleet (GDOF).

Again, thank you for sharing your design Hydromancer, and now I have a use for the many hollow 4x4 round plates I have. 8-)
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:44 pm

Looks great! How's the stability feel? Did you feel you had to balance out the addons to the ring? I can't wait to unpack my bricks and seen if I have any rings on hand now!!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:52 am

The Hydromancer wrote:Looks great! How's the stability feel? Did you feel you had to balance out the addons to the ring? I can't wait to unpack my bricks and seen if I have any rings on hand now!!

I experimented with the interior you posted and though the rings themselves have a rather good connection, the stud with bars however, at least for me, were not as secure and kept wanting to fall out if they were moved too much, even with them sandwiched between the rings. Overall it felt rather solid if the bars are not extensively adjusted.
As for balancing the addons, as you can probably see in my build, the left side of the ring, (with the Station and Ship ports) is a bit heavier than the right side with the solar panels. Provided you have a steady base and stand, balancing shouldn't be too much of an issue. I regret however I didn't have enough gribble bits to make what I intended, but I made due with what I had lol.
Artasid
Old Guard

Return to Intercept Orbit