Voot Cruisers

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Voot Cruisers

Postby Artasid » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 am

Anyone who knows about Jhonen Vasquez's series: Invader Zim, might be familiar with this design. They are based off the Voot Runner/Cruiser in the show, However I was only able to get 1 of them as close as possible to the right shape and color, though there are some discrepancies due to certain parts not in the right color.

ImageVoot Cruisers

Here they are individually for better viewing and loadouts

Voot Standard:
This one is the cloest I could get to mimic the source material, but again, there are certain parts that I do not have in the correct colors (Those trans black slopes for the Utility Domes for instance.) However, I am proud how well it came together
ImageVoot Standard
Voot: d6Rd d6Rd Plasma Cannon, d6B d6B Dual Utility Pods, d6G Frigate Engines

Voot Scouter
I gave this one a role as a scout vessel to infiltrate hostile space, locate and target objects of opportunity and possibly even harass the enemy. It is not a front line fighter, but can certainly be useful if deployed correctly.
ImageVoot Scouter
Voot Scouter: d6Rd d6Rd Plasma Cannon, d6Y d6Y Dual Multi Scanner Arrays, d6G Frigate Engines

Voot Heavy Supporter
This Voot is a deadly long range attacker. It unleashes swarms of long range torpedoes from a distance to damage the enemy and if any managed to get close enough, this Voot can use it's Plasma Cannon to deal a finishing blow. As a side note, the Missile Bays can opened and closed (They are opened in the following picture). This does not affect gameplay in anyway, its just another fun feature.
ImageVoot Supporter
Voot Supporter: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Long Range Swarmer Torpedoes, d6Rd d6Rd Plasma Cannon, d6G Frigate Engines

Voot Stinger
This one was made just for fun (BEWARE THE BEE!) Its role is close support, it would damage an incoming enemy with its Plasma Cannon, then use it's Stinger to tear the target apart. I actually have to laugh because in one episode of Invader Zim, the Voot actually crashed after a bee hit the windshield. Imaging the mental trauma if Zim's Voot looked like a bee afterwards. lol
ImageVoot Stinger
Voot Stinger: d6Rh d6Rh Hull Breaching Stinger, d6Rd d6Rd Plasma Cannon, d6G Frigate Engines.

I hope you enjoyed and always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share. This also includes, but not limited to: Questions, Insults, Remarks, Suggestions, Praises, Threats, Criticisms and so on.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Voot Cruisers

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Nice idea, Artasid! I have watched Zim as well, but I don't think I would ever think about taking inspiration from those designs!

This could be a nifty fighter as well!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Intercept Orbit