Just Some Random Ships

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Re: Just Some Random Ships

Postby Artasid » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:10 pm

Arctic Banana wrote:It's this part. It showed up most often in Star Wars kits, as I recall.

Yeap, that's the part alright and as I recall it mostly came in those super expensive X-Wing models, the ones that are $80+ usd which, unfortunately is beyond my financial level :(
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:23 pm

I began experimenting with the central core of the Mini Liberator and learned that it's more customizable than I initially believed. Customization is one of best traits about MFZ in my opinion, so having a unit that you can change with little effort will ALWAYS appeal to me. In recognition of this fact, I bricked 2 more Mini Libs

ImageMore Mini Liberators
GREEN: d6Ra d6Ra Torpedo Box, 1d6K Catapult with Company, d6B Armored Plates, d6G Frigate Engines
YELLOW: d6B Deflection Armor, d6Y d6Y Dual Comm Relays, d6G Frigate Engines.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Keeping up with my mini ship builds, I decided to try and create a capitol ship from the IO rulebook that constantly taunts me.
Oh how it taunts me...
It stands there on the page, mocking me and my inability to perfectly recreate it because I lack the parts, but I WILL have the LAST laugh!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But until I get the right parts to make a full sized Aushad, a mini variant will have to suffice for the time being. lol

ImageMini Aushad
ImageMini Aushad rear
Mini Aushad: d6Ra d6Ra Particle Cannon, d6Rh d6Rh Petalcaster, d6B d6B Mutiple Armor Points.

I have not yet made an LDD file for this one yet, but I will post it once I do.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:00 pm

That small asuhad is mybe best of all you ships. Looks easy build than the originol.
I m hoping instrux coming soon plz
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Everyone has their favorites, and though the mini Aushad is not my number 1 favorite, it is one I enjoy and hope to make more of.
(FYI My number 1 ship for IO is still the classic Deimos 8-) )

Here's the LDD file as promised.

Mini Aushad LDD

I hope you enjoyed and please feel free to post any of your variants here. I would love to see other peoples take on some of these builds.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:40 pm

I will share the laugh with you, Artasid, that mini Aushad is killer!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:45 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I will share the laugh with you, Artasid, that mini Aushad is killer!

Thanks VitorFaria, Sometimes I hate to laugh alone. lol
As for the Aushud, I admit it's not my greatest, but I figured that it could be useful, especially for beginners and those, like myself, don't have the right parts.

I have continued making mini versions of IO rulebook ships and this newest one is a mini Zealous Capitol Ship

ImageMini Zealous
Mini Zeal: d6Rd d6Rd Assault Turret, d6Y Range Finder, d6Y Comm Transmitter, 1d6K Frame Catapult

I have to admit that I like using the 1x4 brick with the groove cut to represent a Frame Catapult, and though, again this is not a perfect recreation, I feel it can suit the needs of those unable to build an original version.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Another mini version of a IO rulebook vessel, the frigate Samar!

ImageMini Samar
Mini Sam: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Torpedo Tubes, d6B Armor Hull, d6G Frigate Engines.

Just two more left to do and I'll have made a mini of each official ship.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Really nice, Aratasid!

I may have played with similar aesthetics in the past!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:39 pm

My next mini IO Rulebook build is the Capitol carrier Palau

ImageMini Palau
Mini Palau: d6Rh d6Rh Point Defense Turret, d6Y Radar Tower, 3d6K Dual Frame Catapults.

I admit getting the catapult arms to the right dimensions for this build size was a bit of a challenge. Too many times they turned out either too long or too bulky. Overall it was a fun build and I hope to have an LDD file for this as well as the Zealous and Samar soon.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:12 am

Sorry for the delay everyone. It's been rather busy at home with the holidays closing in, but as promised, here are the Lego Digital Designer files for the Mini Zealous, Samar, and Palau

Zealous Mini Zealous LDD

Samar Mini Samar LDD

Palau Mini Palau LDD

As a warning, the Palau uses 4 Travis Bricks. The Zealous and Samar, however are Triple-T challenge applicable, meaning they do not have any T-Piece, Travis, or Tab pieces in their designs.

I hope these help for anyone interested in bricking their own
As always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share, if any.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 am

This will be the last of the IO rulebook mini builds I'll post, unless inspiration takes me to experiement more with the designs, but lets see where we'll go from here.
The mini Frigate Ojebed.

ImageMini Ojebed
Mini Ojebed: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Sting Laser Cannons, d6Y Tracking Array, d6G Frigate Engines.

This is the smallest of the IO rulebook mini builds but at the same time, most likely the most expensive as it uses some harder to obtain parts, like older headlight bricks which, at least in my area, are becoming harder to find.

I'll even include a LDD file for anyone interested in trying to make their own.
LDD Mini Ojebed LDD

I had fun coming up with these mini builds and I certainly hope you all enjoyed them. I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share if any.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Next time I have some brick time I'm pretty sure I'm going to use some ideas from here, Artasid.

In my opinion the book ships are way too big to be practical or accessible, you're really offering a better compromise with this line of builds!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:36 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Next time I have some brick time I'm pretty sure I'm going to use some ideas from here, Artasid.

I hope you do VitorFaria. It would be amazing to see what you come up with.

VitorFaria wrote:...In my opinion the book ships are way too big to be practical or accessible, you're really offering a better compromise with this line of builds!

I feel exactly the same. For the past few years, it's been frustrating to be unable to recreate the official game builds because of lack of parts, or the more recent retirement of certain pieces that some of them use. I have known people who have been put off from getting into MFZ just because they can't recreate the rulebook builds (never mind the fact that I've also tried to encourage them to make their own builds). I am hoping this recent trend of mini builds would appeal to a wider range of people because of the more common parts list in their designs.
Artasid
Old Guard

Previous

Return to Intercept Orbit