RDS-88 "Dusty"

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

RDS-88 "Dusty"

Postby Commander Kaos » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

RDS-88 "Dusty" The Rapid Deployment Skiff (Maximum Load: 88 tons) lovingly known as the "Dusty" serves as a deployment, support and EVAC craft in many planet pacification fleets. So fast and reckless on its landing, deployment and departure, the RDS-88 earned its nickname from the huge clouds of dust it - and its "LZ* Plow" front mounted twin turbine mini-guns - leaves behind. The brave and often audacious pilots of these streaks from the stars have also earned some nicknames - none of which can be said in polite society. Using its dorsal mounted next-gen sensor array, service groups of Dustys lie in low orbit waiting for exactingly narrow windows to "dive and dump" their cargo. Ventral mounted "packages" ranging from fuel and supplies to a full sized AFIS-120 artillery piece, release as soon as the Dusty touches down on terra firma. As fast as it arrives, the RDS-88 rockets back to its carrier group, eager to load up and deliver more support to its planet-side battlegroup.

* "LZ" is "Landing Zone"

[BTW: These My Blox "Super Tank" sets are ONE DOLLAR at Dollar General!]

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
― Robert A. Heinlein
Commander Kaos
Newcomer

Re: RDS-88 "Dusty"

Postby Mantisking » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Does it have any actual IO stats?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: RDS-88 "Dusty"

Postby Commander Kaos » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:26 pm

As it is so small, it doesn't really work as a Capital Ship or Frigate. I've used it as a HVA (in IO) as well as a vanilla station in Rapid Attack. In IO, capturing the Dusty allowed or denied it landing on the planet to deliver its payload in support of the war effort there. In RA, the Dusty was used to allow a group of defectors to escape the planet - or not.

I just feel it's a great little model made from a dollar kit that was fun to write flavor text for.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
― Robert A. Heinlein
Commander Kaos
Newcomer

Return to Intercept Orbit