Sarahbae Class (CFS-1XX) capital ship

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Sarahbae Class (CFS-1XX) capital ship

Postby The Hydromancer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Class: Sarahbae (CFS-1XX)
Builders: Dramstellar Corp, GZ orbital shipyards, Colonia System
IOC: SC0232
Size: Capital (16 x 9)
Role: Carrier
Systems: 2 launch catapults with dedicated hangars and recovery decks, 1 networked 12 gun point defense grid, and 1 antiship charge particle accelerator
Ships of the Wall; Sarahbae (CFS-101), Cardinal's Crosier (CFS-102), Helican II (CFS-103), Resolution (CFS-104), and James Thorpe (CFS-105)

ImageSarahbae Class Capital Ship by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

As the galactic frontier becomes more troubled and the Solar Union grows more tied down, independent megacorps must sometimes take painfully expensive measures to protect their most valuable star systems. Dramstellar's Colonia I orbital ship yards have been slowing working for over a decade to provide military grade ships for those willing to paid in cold hard Solar Wulongs for the ability to take the law into their own hands.

ImageSarahbae rear by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

The Sarahbae Class carrier is a fully dedicated mobile frame mothership capable of housing two separate companies. Each company has access to its own drum hangar, launch catapult, and recovery deck which allows the companies to act independently of each other to maximize their effectiveness.

ImageSarahbae side view by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

The ship is capable of solo extended deployments thanks to extensive fuel reserves and internal supply storage, but truly shines when supported by more aggressively designed ships that can provide cover and/or distractions from enemy ship fire while it focuses on supporting its frame companies.

ImageSarahbae underside by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Stud.io File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbs53ci7obihk ... ip.io?dl=0
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Sarahbae Class (CFS-1XX) capital ship

Postby Omega_Tahu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Absolutely love it, all the catapult decks and turrets look great. The hangar doors are a neat detail too.
The LF-D5 "Stub" is the top of the line in agriculture frames, designed to haul heavy farm equipment. It is also easy to repair, with standardized connections between all joints. Buy one today.

Also, it's also quite cute on the battlefield....
Omega_Tahu
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Dang, that's beautiful!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 am

Omega_Tahu wrote:Absolutely love it, all the catapult decks and turrets look great. The hangar doors are a neat detail too.

As small a detail as it is, the hangar doors drove the design of the entire build in order to get the square opening that lined up flush with the catapults on both sides of the bow. There are probably 20 different ways I could have designed duel catapults, but I was committed to the side bow design. Unfortunately this means I never got the the back of the headlight brick that acted as the hangar door meet up with the 2 x 2 brick behind it, and there is the tiniest sliver of space between them that I tried to hide.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Kryptovidicus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:41 am

Very sleek and it looks supercool!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1572 met Tapatalk
Kryptovidicus
Newcomer