Zephyr Frigate Final Design

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby Grass4hopper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:16 am

I played around with design, and ended up filipping it sideways. I pretty happy with the results. Now I just need to place a BrickLink rder for the parts.

It's currently armed with d6Ra d6Ra Particle Cannon, d6G Manuvering Engines, and d6Y Long Range Sensors
ImageZepher Frigate 1 by Grass4hopper, on FlickrImageZepher Frigate 2 by Grass4hopper, on FlickrImageZepher Frigate 3 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
gusindor wrote:If you're on a planet that's home to huge amounts of small friendly energetic creatures, you might use hamster wheels.
User avatar
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby CmdrRook » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:09 am

What I like best about the Zephyr;
1. It's got a uniform shape without appearing forcibly symmetrical *a problem I struggle with, personally*
2. It gladly trades the "Boat-in-Space" aesthetic for something more intriguing and unique
3. It looks damned functional as a game piece and as a space-faring vessel. You could put any type of system on there, and it'd look well suited for the task.

Well-hutching-done, Grass4hopper. Well. Hutching. Done.
User avatar
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: Western MA, USA

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby aurlaent » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:12 am

Thar hs turned into something amazing.
User avatar
aurlaent
Talkative
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:27 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:48 am

This is really getting nice, I agree that it looks very functional and versatile!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby Grass4hopper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:51 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Well-hutching-done, Grass4hopper. Well. Hutching. Done.

aurlaent wrote:Thar hs turned into something amazing.

VitorFaria wrote:This is really getting nice, I agree that it looks very functional and versatile!


Thanks, I'm really happy with how it turned out.
gusindor wrote:If you're on a planet that's home to huge amounts of small friendly energetic creatures, you might use hamster wheels.
User avatar
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:58 pm

CmdrRook wrote:Well-hutching-done, Grass4hopper. Well. Hutching. Done.
aurlaent wrote:Thar hs turned into something amazing.
VitorFaria wrote:This is really getting nice, I agree that it looks very functional and versatile!
Grass4hopper wrote:Thanks, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I guess the only issue now is how to secure it to a base.
User avatar
Mantisking
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Framingham, MA, U.S.A.

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby Grass4hopper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Mantisking wrote:I guess the only issue now is how to secure it to a base.

That is am issue. I could remove the middle ingot on the bottom and replace it with a Jumper with a 1x1 cylinder which attaches to the bar going down to base. I definitely open to other suggestions.
gusindor wrote:If you're on a planet that's home to huge amounts of small friendly energetic creatures, you might use hamster wheels.
User avatar
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:02 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby CmdrRook » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Grass4hopper wrote:
Mantisking wrote:I guess the only issue now is how to secure it to a base.

That is am issue. I could remove the middle ingot on the bottom and replace it with a Jumper with a 1x1 cylinder which attaches to the bar going down to base. I definitely open to other suggestions.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. I've had good results with using the downward-facing jumper to the anti-stud of an antenna, then mounting the antenna end into a 2x2 round, conical or otherwise, which is seated on the base plate.
User avatar
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 pm
Location: Western MA, USA

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby gusindor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:21 am

This is cool! I really wish you could put something between the hinged parts on the front, so that they could open to reveal a catapult/cannon/sensor. Unfortunately it looks like the hinge bricks are placed right next to each other, making that impossible :( Oh well, a really cool frigate regardless.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
User avatar
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Zephyr Frigate Final Design

Postby HyveMynd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:14 am

Holy cow that is hutching sweet! I love all those curved surfaces. Is there an LDD file or a breakdown shot somewhere? I've love to try and brick one of these out. :D
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
User avatar
HyveMynd
Talkative
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: Osaka, Japan


Return to Intercept Orbit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest