Scythian Strike Cruiser -- now a full fleet, with one HVA

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Re: Scythian Strike Cruiser -- now a full fleet

Postby Grass4hopper » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Thanks for the instructions.
gusindor wrote:If you're on a planet that's home to huge amounts of small friendly energetic creatures, you might use hamster wheels.
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Postby Hackjob » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Great looking fleet!

Minion wrote:Anyone have any criticisms or suggestions or advice? They'd be very welcome!

I like the Light Carrier, and I think the Frame hangars/return bays on the flanks are freaking awesome! NPU with the 1x4 slider bar thingee. But something about the "wings" on it bother me, it looks kinda like a turtle, maybe you could make the wings more like the ones on the other Frigates?
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Minion » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Hackjob wrote:I like the Light Carrier, and I think the Frame hangars/return bays on the flanks are freaking awesome! NPU with the 1x4 slider bar thingee. But something about the "wings" on it bother me, it looks kinda like a turtle, maybe you could make the wings more like the ones on the other Frigates?

First up, thanks Hackjob! I take your point about the Light Carrier -- to me it always looked a bit like a sugar glider. Which I kind of liked, but it did veer towards the cute end of the spectrum. Which is maybe not ideal!

So I switched around the wings, as you suggested. Now I think it looks a bit less sugar glider/turtle, and a bit more retro racing car. I think I like it!
ImageImage

Also, I made an HVA! It was originally a city, but I think the scale is probably off. Orbital refinery? Automated frame factory?
ImageImage

(Please forgive the too-bright lighting.)
Minion
Young Gun

Re: Scythian Strike Cruiser -- now a full fleet, with one HV

Postby Jagarmot » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:20 pm

The HVa is very good looking ! Definitely industrial, a moving base of operations for a mining expedition, which relays information and serves a a fall-back area to fix machines, frames etc. maybe ?

Once again, great use of the wings on the Light Carrier. that makes a hell of a fleet.
Jagarmot
Talkative

Previous

Return to Intercept Orbit