First Armed Fleet

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:54 pm

My first fully playable IO fleet.

Nothing spectacular, but built to be functional and somewhat versatile.

ImageFirst Armed Fleet by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Support Friagate by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Point Friagate by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Carrier by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Mobile Frame Companies by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Friagates by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Cargo Ship HVA by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby gusindor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:54 pm

These have a nice utilitarian look to them. Also, are they meant to be space police? Because that's what the colored lights make me think of.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
User avatar
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Mon May 02, 2016 7:55 am

gusindor wrote:These have a nice utilitarian look to them. Also, are they meant to be space police? Because that's what the colored lights make me think of.

Thanks, Gusindor!

They can be, but not necessarily. I gave the carrier those colored lights months ago because I thought it looked cool. When I decided to make a full fleet to go with it I kept the theme.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby gusindor » Tue May 03, 2016 1:54 am

VitorFaria wrote:
gusindor wrote:These have a nice utilitarian look to them. Also, are they meant to be space police? Because that's what the colored lights make me think of.

Thanks, Gusindor!

They can be, but not necessarily. I gave the carrier those colored lights months ago because I thought it looked cool. When I decided to make a full fleet to go with it I kept the theme.

I can also see them as being like those orientation lights aircraft use. Probably pretty helpful for coordinating movement.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
User avatar
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Tue May 03, 2016 7:09 pm

gusindor wrote:I can also see them as being like those orientation lights aircraft use. Probably pretty helpful for coordinating movement.


That's really a feasible explanation, they're usually green/red instead of blue/red but it can pass the idea still.


I decided to give the support frigate an Atavism-style catapult.

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Support Friagate - Carrier Version by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

I thought that my frames were way too compacted together so I decided to spread them a little and also gave the ace some visible company partners.

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Mobile Frame Companies by Vitor Faria, no Flickr

Also built a new HVA.

ImageFirst Armed Fleet - Research Habitat HVA by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Wed May 17, 2017 10:06 pm

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby darksyntax » Thu May 18, 2017 1:29 am

Really liking those micro quads.
User avatar
darksyntax
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: Seattle, WA (USA)

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby Mantisking » Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 am

Those frigates remind me of this. Nice job on the fleet, I'm really liking the Cargo Haulers and the Space Station.
User avatar
Mantisking
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Thu May 18, 2017 11:06 am

darksyntax wrote:Really liking those micro quads.


Thanks! It was a silly idea that I couldn't resist, but ended up liking a lot.

Mantisking wrote:Those frigates remind me of this. Nice job on the fleet, I'm really liking the Cargo Haulers and the Space Station.


Thanks, and that's a really nice dropship!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby Artasid » Thu May 18, 2017 9:40 pm

darksyntax wrote:Really liking those micro quads.


I agree. Very rarely does a micro figure truly match what it represents, but you pulled it off nicely.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
User avatar
Artasid
Been Around The Block
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:46 am
Location: Spokane WA

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Artasid wrote:I agree. Very rarely does a micro figure truly match what it represents, but you pulled it off nicely.


Thanks, Artasid!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby ohako » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 pm

That space station is lovely. Nicely done on the whole 'maybe things in space shouldn't look like boats' vibe.

I have a question: how did you photograph your fleet? I, uh, might be taking some pictures of some pretty lego spaceships soon, and I was curious what you did.
ohako
Newcomer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 10:46 pm

Re: First Armed Fleet

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 pm

ohako wrote:That space station is lovely. Nicely done on the whole 'maybe things in space shouldn't look like boats' vibe.

I have a question: how did you photograph your fleet? I, uh, might be taking some pictures of some pretty lego spaceships soon, and I was curious what you did.


Thanks!

I simply used a big white paper sheet partially taped to a wall and a pair of lamps with white thin plastic grocery bags over them. Nothing all that profissional.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil


Return to Intercept Orbit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest