Ijad Megalodon

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Ijad Megalodon

Postby Atavism » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 am

This one started out as a conventional shark with big googly eyes, only black because space right? And it was going to have some little bit of armor near the head to represent an Ijad command station. Every time I reworked it get a little more menacing and a little weirder, until I decided to go all out space monster. The station got dropped too, just because it messed with the sleek evil of the build. I'll probably try going with the original idea again now that I've gotten this out of my system.

Figure double point defense for the mouth and the spikes/tendrils, and then just pick flippers and bits to be either movement or armor depending on my mood.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ijad Megalodon

Postby gusindor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:19 pm

This looks awesomely menacing! I'm curious, is the mouth fixed at that angle, or can it open and close?
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby schoon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Great work on that!

Calling it Ijad might be a bit of a stretch, but that doesn't make it any less cool.

I'd love to see a "frigate" version.
schoon
Site Admin

Postby Atavism » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:49 am

gusindor wrote:This looks awesomely menacing! I'm curious, is the mouth fixed at that angle, or can it open and close?

Thanks! Yeah, the mouth is articulated.

schoon wrote:Great work on that!

Calling it Ijad might be a bit of a stretch, but that doesn't make it any less cool.

I'd love to see a "frigate" version.

Thank you! I wish I had gotten the bond-rider into the build, but it just looked off. I'm planning to field it as the centerpiece of a more traditional Ijad fleet that I don't have solid ideas for yet. Calling it "Ijad" was more a faction identifier I guess.
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jagarmot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:44 pm

It could be a separate faction : Mega fauna usually takes it easy but now that giant spaceships are waging war, they feel threatened. Few of them actually decide to stand together as a group, but when they do...
Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Atavism » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Jagarmot wrote:It could be a separate faction : Mega fauna usually takes it easy but now that giant spaceships are waging war, they feel threatened. Few of them actually decide to stand together as a group, but when they do...

This is true. A fleet might happen upon a continent of leviathans and the animals that school among them or parasitize them. Organic equivalents of frame catapults and support weapons could get strange and wonderful. (First thoughts are parasitic hives or babies-in-mouth kinds of fish).

I was about to remark that I wanted to field the megalodon alone, with a fleet shepherding it, to give it a very rare and sacred sort of back story... That megafauna are special and rare enough to represent the only member of their species to be discovered for generations, and possibly the only ones ever to be discovered. It seemed disengenuous given that I just slapped a gas station on one. :lol:

Mostly I just don't feel like making a whole fleet of them, both due to the direction of my own interests and the unique strain some of these organic shapes put on my brick pile. I'd love to see the community MOC up some ideas though.
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:18 am

Given some legs this could make a great "Pacific Rim Style" kaiju.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby evilgenius » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 am

I wouldn't want to encounter that in deep space!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk
evilgenius
Chatty

Postby evilgenius » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 am

Great job!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk
evilgenius
Chatty

Return to Intercept Orbit