Science Station: Spacefish (HVA)

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Science Station: Spacefish (HVA)

Postby Atavism » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Captain Hax was livid.
"You said this was a whale!"
The small, soft alien twitched its antennae dismissively.
-My people do not distinguish between these two things-
"Bullcrap! You sent me a picture of a whale!"
-My assistant must have been confused-
"Double bullcrap! You just told me we were on a whale!"
-Let me refocus our conversation: I already have your bartered goods, and you have already came here with your equipment and personnel. Does it really matter?-
"Yes, it matters!"
-Why?-
"Why? Why? Well... why... well... I mean... who would want to hear about my years living on a giant catfish?"
-Indeed. I have been unkind. Please, let us drink together and I will teach you to cook the parasites that burrow on its fin.-
"Ugh."
-Yes-

There was a convo on the facebook about the Ijad using galactic megafauna (read: space whales) as ships. I feel like space whales are *so* last year. :lol:
I present to you: GIANT SPACE CATFISH!

You have to fold in the caudal fin to make it regulation length, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Science Station: Spacefish (HVA)

Postby Mantisking » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:34 pm

I love it.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:40 pm

That telescope is adorable!

I'm still team space whale, thou ;)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Hah, that's great. Now you can emphatically yell "save the whales!" in your game. Except you can't. You have to yell "save the spacefish!"

Are the red bits on the back supposed to be a separate shuttle or something? I don't see how they would be connected. I also never realized there were two molds for the 1×3 inverted slopes.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 am

Mantisking wrote:I love it.

I loves you too! It holds us all, within its mind... :D

Glad you like the build.

VitorFaria wrote:That telescope is adorable!

I'm still team space whale, thou ;)

Thanks! Mea culpa, this was going to be a space whale, but I was having a hard time scrounging up the right parts for the face, and giving it a huge mustache seemed like an easy way to build character. So... GO TEAM SPACEFISH!

Blorf wrote:Hah, that's great. Now you can emphatically yell "save the whales!" in your game. Except you can't. You have to yell "save the spacefish!"

Are the red bits on the back supposed to be a separate shuttle or something? I don't see how they would be connected. I also never realized there were two molds for the 1×3 inverted slopes.

My rallying cry will be, "Remember Wanda!!!"

Yeah I tossed on a little red shuttle to dress up the landing pad.

I didn't know there was two molds either, which was pretty annoying when I kept trying to figure out how they wiggled out of alignment and why I couldn't get them back. Couldn't scrounge up a second one once I realized, so I decided that it too built character and moved on.
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hackjob » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 am

This is really a fun build! Very creative, but I just keep seeing a whiskered space Orca (cetaceans are mammals with hair right? Why not a moustache? :) ). I think it's due to the color scheme, and that Terran fish have vertically oriented tails, although I'm not sure about spacefish.
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:33 am

Hackjob wrote:This is really a fun build! Very creative, but I just keep seeing a whiskered space Orca (cetaceans are mammals with hair right? Why not a moustache? :) ). I think it's due to the color scheme, and that Terran fish have vertically oriented tails, although I'm not sure about spacefish.

It's very well known that spacefish evolve tails based on the parts I have laying around. Trust me, I'm a whale biologist. Though I hate those smug monsters... The color scheme was more of a "trout" to me, especially once I added the little color over the eye.

Mustachioed Orca is also a good choice tho. :D

Glad you liked the build!
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Intercept Orbit