NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

Postby Hackjob » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:24 pm

(Please read this in your best old-timey newscaster voice)
In the ever escalating conflict within the Senacus System, the brave sailors and pilots of the S.U. continue to take the fight to traitorous rebels and the ever growing menace of Ijad extemists...
Recent fighting in the outer belts found the S.U. Gun Cruiser San Pablo alone and outgunned. Formerley one of "the jewels of Senacus" and a temporary fleet flagship. Tradgedy befell her last month as ship and crew were captured. She has since been sighted fighting for seperatist groups in several engagements.

TRAVEL ADVISORY WARNING

All merchant and civilian vessels are herby advised:
The S.U.S. San Pablo is under seperatist control and is now rated a High Threat Vessel. It is believed to be carrying Boarding Frames and is to be avoided at all costs. Minimum safe distance is 500nm. Any contact with the San Pablo by ship, crew, or cargo is illegal, and all assets will be subject to full siezure by S.U. authorities.

End fluff.

So, I realized I needed more ships for a "transitional" style fleet, since both the S.U. and Ijad fleets have carriers, that left those plucky rebels. And, since the San Pablo didn't match the gray color scheme of the S.U. fleet, she got captured! Here's a reminder of how she looked before:
Spoiler: show

Ever inventive, the rebels decided to retrofit her with a frame catapault:
ImageFrame Catapault by RenegadeGinger, on Flickr
ImageFrame Catapault by RenegadeGinger, on Flickr

The frame launcher is inspired by the seaplane catapaults seen on many WWII warships. The frames return via the ramp below(slope piece) to the hangar under the catapault. The Catapault (d6black), replaces the old Point Defense system ( d6Rh d6Rh ).
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Re: NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Oh, man, I have a pile of old white pieces form the 90's that look just as beaten up as those. You just gave me a good ideia of what to do with them!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mark Sakura » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 pm

How on earth are you getting that frame catapult to stay together? I can't figure it out at all.
Runaway Urashima: A short novel set in the Mobile Frame Zero universe.
Mark Sakura
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:45 am

Mark Sakura wrote:How on earth are you getting that frame catapult to stay together? I can't figure it out at all.

It's a Half or 3/4 Pin through the lattice-work.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 am

It's two technic friction pins sandwiched in the lattice. The modified 1x2 tile covers the ends of one side, and the other ends attach the frame launcher to the techinc piece and are covered by the modified 1x1 tile.
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Intercept Orbit