[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Rapid Interdiction Cruiser

Rapid Interdiction Cruiser

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Rapid Interdiction Cruiser

Postby Hackjob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:02 pm

The Rapid Interdiction Cruiser is a new class designed for the growing unrest in the Solar Union. As colonies become more spead out and increasingly beligerent, the need for additional quick response strike vessels is critical. While the does fill this role, S.U. brass decided a larger, more capable ship should be employed in conjunction with the R.I.F. The Rapid Interdiction Cruiser has been designed from the ground up with this in mind. It is nearly as fast as the frigate while cruising, but lacks the combat maneuverability of the much smaller vessel. The R.I.C. is armed with missile tubes along its flanks ( d6Rd d6Rd ), however it's main offensive capabilities come from the Zero-G Frame Squadron launched from a centrally mounted catapault (d6Black). In addition the R.I.C. carries extensive avionics ( d6Y ) for detection of enemy assets and combat direction of friendly forces, and has ECM domes ( d6B ) to increase survivability. The Rapid Interdiction Cruiser is usually deployed as the "flagship" of two Rapid Interdiction Frigates. These small Response Fleets have the combined firepower of 3 modern warships and an entire company of Mobile Frames, allowing them to counter all but the largest military actions.

Pictured here is a standard Rapid Interdiction Cruiser, however this example was captured while in drydock around Senacus 4 during a bold raid by separatist forces. It has since been sighted fighting for rebel elements in system under the name "Freedom".

F.C.V. Rapid Interdiction Cruiser "Freedom" d6Rd d6Rd , d6 Black, d6Y , d6B
by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

Builders' notes: I made this a while ago when I realized my Free Colony Fleet was falling behind in the Lego arms race. And I wanted to have some more ships with only 1 frame catapault as opposed to carriers. I'm pretty happy with how the overall form came out, but think it could use a little more greebling, like dots on the missile tubes and old jet engines. I also wish I had the two matching colored slope pieces for the bow and think the bridge would look better with a dot, but whatevs. My favorite part of this build is the frame launcher and recovery bays at the nose of the ship, for me that's what makes this build. Aaaand it's my first cuiser to fit the size guidelines! :lol: C+C welcome!
-Hackjob

Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Intercept Orbit