VenTEK Advanced Response Detachment

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

VenTEK Advanced Response Detachment

Postby Luke_BMM » Thu May 14, 2015 7:34 pm

By "Advanced", VenTEK actually means, "probably safe enough to put into field testing." The original Merlin hasn't exploded yet, so a limited production run is underway. Somehow, that has not put the crews' minds at ease. The pay is good, however, so there's no shortage of volunteers.

Ever since making the Arcturus Garrison, I've been itching to do more with the Merlin. I'm woefully lacking in a few crucial pieces (I have exactly two of the 1x8 slopes that are the defining characteristic). I think I'll try out the builds one at a time, tweak as I go, and then use the results to place an order.

Systems are very poorly represented. I was actually thinking of going with colored cones on the bases - not just as a visual representation, but to actually serve as the bits that get pulled off as damage accumulates. It's either that or, "don't get hit," which - while a winning strategy - can be tough to pull off.
Attachments
merlin-class-cruiser.lxf
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Re: VenTEK Advanced Response Detachment

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:31 pm

I'd forgotten to post these. A while back, I realized that I had a few more of the 1x8 arches and slapped together a few ships in brick. With the Merlin (intended as the bird of prey, but why not run with the wizard theme) as the first of its class, I went with an ancient alchemist theme.

The Abelard

The Al-Razi

The Avicenna

The Zosimos
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Re: VenTEK Advanced Response Detachment

Postby Riptor25 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:41 pm

I love the creative design of these! They all fit the same theme well, yet are easily distinguishable. Great job!
A [Single-Set] Challenger has appeared!
"Use your head you can success. Price may discount, BUT enjoy never discount." The Boot-Lego guarantee.
Riptor25
Talkative

Return to Intercept Orbit