////[Unidentified Alien Vessel]////

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

////[Unidentified Alien Vessel]////

Postby HyveMynd » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:09 am

Image////[Unidentified Alien Vessel]//// by HyveMynd, on Flickr

Something I threw together after hitting upon the idea to make a tri-wing craft using the 1x2 hinge plates. There's three of them in there holding the thing together. I had the hinges in black and so just made the thing in a single color for simplicity. It ended up looking pretty sinister (black and trans yellow tends to do that) so I'll probably stick with that color scheme.

You can barely see it, but there's a black 1x1 round brick as a central cannon, held in place with a long antenna running all the way through the body of the craft.

The curves feel organic, and I'm a sucker for biomechanical stuff, so that'll probably be the background for this faction. Maybe they're an Ijad offshoot or something.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Re: ////[Unidentified Alien Vessel]////

Postby pasukaru76 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Reminds me of the alien vessels in Space: Above And Beyond, which is a good thing in my book.
pasukaru76
Talkative

Postby gusindor » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Sleek and menacing! The three-way symmetry definitely gives it an "alien" vibe.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby SeraphimKnight » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Real nice, GJ.

Another way to have achieved 3-way symmetry in this case could've been with a technic studded propeller.
SeraphimKnight
Talkative

Postby HyveMynd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:03 am

SeraphimKnight wrote:Another way to have achieved 3-way symmetry in this case could've been with a technic studded propeller.

Ah. That technic studded propeller is probably a much better way to hold that thing together; the three alternating hinge plates does make for a rather fragile build.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby arkon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:02 am

sweet little ship there,i really like the mini radar dishes.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice
arkon
Young Gun

Postby HyveMynd » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks. I'm wondering if they need to e a different color, or if I should mount weapons on them. If I had any of these, there'd be one sticking out of every radar dish hole.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby arkon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 am

I really liked this a lot and instead of the harpoon you want to have on the radar dishes might I suggest some box end wrenches like I have done below.i also went with seraphimknights recommendation for the studded prop base and I changed the cockpit/bridge to a single trans blue in the center cause.....well, I just like it there. :) I hope you don't mind that I played around with your design,but I really do like it. I might make some other versions and post them here if you like.or start a new thread giving you credit for the original design, whichever you like.
hyvemynd ijad.png

lxf file
hyvemynd ijad.lxf
(9.95 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
arkon
Young Gun

Postby HyveMynd » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 am

That's awesome arkon, and no. I don't mind at all. Change things however you want, I don't have a trademark on that design or anything. :)

I see what you did with the minifig box end wrenches there. If I used the spear guns, they'd point backwards and be spiky antenna, rather than weapons.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby arkon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:24 am

how about both
Attachments
hyvemynd ijad mk 2.png
arkon
Young Gun

Postby SuperFightingBrobot » Tue May 05, 2015 3:04 pm

I really, really dig this. I feel like adding more "arms" on this might be a great way of scaling up if you wanted to easily denote more power? Or like different loadouts? It's such a slick design, I'd hate to add too terribly much to the outsides, but doing something like having the 3 arm version be the speedy scout ship and have a four or five arm one be the big destroyer type would be really easily readable on the battlefield.
SuperFightingBrobot
Newcomer

Postby charonlarp » Thu May 14, 2015 12:49 am

I've been away from the forum for a few months... and this was the first thing that I looked at.

And I have to say...

I am glad. It's so... so... elegantly deadly looking. Yet another ship design I am in love with.
I recognize most of the parts... do I have many of them? Unlikely. Though, if you're willing, I would be ever so grateful for a list of parts. :D
charonlarp
Young Gun

Return to Intercept Orbit