[USA][Massachusetts] Two Strangers Ride Into Town

Find games in North American countries.

[USA][Massachusetts] Two Strangers Ride Into Town

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Blorf wrote:I'll be back in town April 25. Would love to play a game then!
Mantisking wrote:I'll see what we can set up.
mraichelson wrote:When around then would you guys be thinking about trying to get a game together? I've actually got tickets to the TMBG show in Boston a couple days before that, could probably sort stuff to be around to blow some stuff up.
Blorf wrote:I'll be coming in for a concert on Friday the 24th. In the area and unscheduled all day Saturday the 25th. Sunday we go back home.

Would definitely enjoy having you there.

Okay, so it looks like it will be Saturday the 25th. It may not be in Cambridge as the person who was planning on hosting may have a conflict.

Anyone else interested?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: [USA][Massachusetts] Two Strangers Ride Into Town

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:28 am

I think I can do April 25th.
Tom
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 am

Tom wrote:I think I can do April 25th.

Cool. So that's me, tom, mraichelson, and Blorf.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:11 pm

I think I'll attempt to actually coherently design a full company for April. So far I've only played with a haphazard collection of random frames. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) I guess that also means that if there's any design of mine you want me to bring, you should let me know sooner than later as I may be tearing older things down for parts.

After seeing the table at PAX, I think I'm going to bring some more easily destructible cover! I should have room for felt terrain as well.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Blorf wrote:I think I'll attempt to actually coherently design a full company for April. So far I've only played with a haphazard collection of random frames. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) I guess that also means that if there's any design of mine you want me to bring, you should let me know sooner than later as I may be tearing older things down for parts.

Okay. I was thinking that maybe this game could have some sort of theme, or use the environmental rules, for a change of pace.

Blorf wrote:After seeing the table at PAX, I think I'm going to bring some more easily destructible cover!

Yeah. I'm rethinking my terrain situation. :oops:

Blorf wrote:I should have room for felt terrain as well.

I've got a 6' x 6' section of green felt.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Mantisking wrote: I'm rethinking my terrain situation.

I won't make bringing terrain a priority, then.

Mantisking wrote:I've got a 6' x 6' section of green felt.

I've got some more variety. Not much of it is green, so we could use them together. Or not.

Mantisking wrote:I was thinking that maybe this game could have some sort of theme, or use the environmental rules, for a change of pace.

I've played elevation but never environmental, so that would be new for me. I'm fine either way. My smaller felt patches could easily designate environmental hazards.

My loadout bar kit will definitely come along. We can decide to use it or not, but I've certainly found it worthwhile.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:25 pm

This is a month away. Anyone else in so we can finalize location and other sundry details?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:59 am

Update! I've secured us a table at the Hobby Bunker in Malden, MA. We're on the schedule and have the table from 10am to 6pm on Saturday the 25th of April.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:22 am

Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:09 am

Oh, HELL, yes! :twisted:

Oh, and for those of you playing along at home, the current line-up is Blorf, MRaichelson, Grafvonbarnez, Tom, and myself. We'll be using the Environmental Rules -- water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink -- for this game.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:51 am

Clearly this is the perfect place for a pack of squid/crab/tentacle-y-thing ijad.

I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at MobileFra.me.
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:02 am

Suggesting we follow this house rule for the game, given hazard terrain will have 60–80% coverage:

A frame with only a single white die left and beginning its turn in an environmental hazard must choose before rolling to either set aside the white die or the green d8.

I still have to build a couple more attachments and decide loadouts. I think I still have a Tamarin and a Chunker built in red, they may join the squad.

mraichelson wrote:Clearly this is the perfect place for a pack of squid/crab/tentacle-y-thing ijad.

Is that what you're bringing? I built two more of those double-barreled guns that the front unit has. I think my TEM unit just nicknamed them "squid-killers".
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:27 am

Blorf wrote:Suggesting we follow this house rule for the game, given hazard terrain will have 60–80% coverage:

A frame with only a single white die left and beginning its turn in an environmental hazard must choose before rolling to either set aside the white die or the green d8.

I still have to build a couple more attachments and decide loadouts. I think I still have a Tamarin and a Chunker built in red, they may join the squad.

It will probably be best to take a vote at the table before the game. We should also decide if we're going to do a Battle or a Skirmish as that effects the number of Frames we all bring to the table.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am

Mantisking wrote:It will probably be best to take a vote at the table before the game. We should also decide if we're going to do a Battle or a Skirmish as that effects the number of Frames we all bring to the table.

I'm assuming Battle. At 5 players the lower end is 3 either way. The upper end is either 4 or 5. If I have 5 frames I know I'll be set, and if I have 6 it's a buffer for someone dropping out last-minute. (That never happens!) Not that I'm necessarily planning to go max frames—I haven't decided that yet—but planning for ties is good preparation. It also looks like I'm getting a game in this Friday locally, so I've got to get frames ready for that right now. A demo and two full games in the same month... that's unheard of!

Hmm... a Chunker on a TEM squad really doesn't fit the lore...
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 am

Blorf wrote:
mraichelson wrote:Clearly this is the perfect place for a pack of squid/crab/tentacle-y-thing ijad.

Is that what you're bringing? I built two more of those double-barreled guns that the front unit has. I think my TEM unit just nicknamed them "squid-killers".

Undecided, but for what I have it feels like the best theme-based match. (Will still try to toss a couple of the Something Wicked frames in with my stuff anyway though.)

(Too bad I don't have any white mudguards.)
I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at MobileFra.me.
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby mraichelson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:24 pm

SOON.
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm boxed and ready, too.

• 2 companies of 6 frames (in case the other guy wants to come)
  • 4 stations (2 pair)
  • felt for the table
  • rulers (can't have too many)
  • dice
  • load bar/flag kit with loadouts prepopulated (I'm loaded on black, second company on blue)
  • ...and 2 Trundleball teams fit in the extra space!
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Nobody else was interested in coming with me here, so...

* 5 frame squad from talon of Ahu (behemoth commander, behemoth crusher, Squidbilly (basic), Squidbilly gunslinger, Twiddler)
* 2 stations
* Ijad temple and some other colored terrain-y bits
* the first something wicked frame (dual rocket launchers)

Remembered my book, a stash of dice that should keep me covered, 3x5 cards and a sharpie (there's always some kind of use for them). Aaaaaand forgot my ruler until you mentioned it. D'oh!
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 pm

I think you'd be fine without the rulers, book, and dice. I don't think I'd need to bring mine either, but I have additional purpose for them on the trip.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:51 pm

I've got at least five Rulers and I picked up a totally new set of dice at PAX East this year so I should be able to cover all the frames on the table this time around.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Next

Return to North America