Western and Southern Connecticut, New Haven County

Find games in North American countries.

Western and Southern Connecticut, New Haven County

Postby xTornOxysx » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 am

Hey guys! Hoping there are some people out there near me looking for a new player in their group. I live in New Haven County and if it's a Saturday, I'll drive up to 2 hours in any direction to meet up with a couple of people. That would put me in Western Mass, Southeastern New York, and maybe just into Rhode Island, so if you are in any of those places maybe we can find some nice middle point with a good flat surface and meet up.
Looking forward to meeting you!

(Edit: Let it be known that as of today I have no actual frames built, and no legos of the right types or quantities to build something I'd be willing to field. I'm hoping the pieces I ordered will he here sometime in the next two weeks, so if anyone is around and willing to plan 2-3 weeks in advance, then great see you then :)
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Re: Western and Southern Connecticut, New Haven County

Postby Mantisking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:43 am

I'm looking to host a game sometime in April. I'm in Framingham, MA if you're interested.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby xTornOxysx » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 am

Yea that sounds cool. Thanks for inviting me!
I guess I'll move myself over to the Eastern Mass thread.
By the way, would it be cool if I brought a friend? I haven't talked to him in awhile, but Framingham is just about halfway from where I live to where he is (Maine) so he could probably meet us there too. I bet he'd love this game!
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 pm

If you're near 91, I could meet you halfway, though I am a fan of my local shop up here in Greenfield MA. I've hosted demo games in Stamford for Anonycon in the past, so I'm no stranger to Connecticut, but I'm not a big fan of driving in and around Hartford. Those people drive crazy.
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby xTornOxysx » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Yea, I hate Hartford too. For a lot of reasons...

But yea that sounds good. I really have no informed opinion of any shop in particular, so I'll take your word for it rather than take a chance on some shop neither of us has seen.

Sometime in April then? I'll bump this thread or pm you or something when my company comes in.

MantisKing; Is this the thread for your game? Is it still the second Sunday of every month?
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4622&start=60
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 am

April sounds good. As for availability, I have Sundays off and Mondays I help run Gale Force Nine's "Tanks" on Mondays at Greenfield Games. As long as I'm not actively playing Tanks, it doesn't take up too much concentration, and we'd be happy to include you in a demo game with our tanks if you'd like! Two games for the price of... gas? Lots of space, tables are free, snacks and drinks for sale and nearby a ton of great eateries. There's even cheap long term parking on the block.

If you wanted to go somewhere closer to home, I've had good experiences at The Board Room in Middleton. It's a gaming cafe with a decent menu of hot food and drinks, and tables are cheap at $5/person all day. It's "first come first served", and parking in the immediate area is limited, so showing up earlier serves you best. I haven't had the pleasure of dining out in the area, but it seems like a nice enough town.

I'm also open to any suggestions you might have.
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby xTornOxysx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Honestly, I'm not only new to this game I'm new to tabletop wargaming in general. I'll take your word on where to play. I received most of my parts today, so I'll be happily building away this week. In other news, I'm currently free on every Sunday in April! I'm also currently talking to my friend about this. According to MantisKing's Central MA thread, they used to play every second Sunday of the month, so I don't know if that still a thing or what, but lets assume it is for now and say we could meet up Sunday the 2nd at Greenfield Games? Leaving Sunday the 9th free so we can maybe meet up with MantisKing and his crew, but if they move it later we won't interfere with them. Sound like a plan?

Edit; I wont be building yet...waiting on a few more odds and ends. Namely 2 x 2 round flat plates, taps and travis bricks. Still, 4 out of 9 orders within three business days. Not bad.
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:38 am

If you feel ready enough by then, Sunday the second would work fine for me. All parking in Greenfield is free on Sundays, but the store itself opens a few hours later than usual. Doors unlock at noon, and your drive will take roughly 1.5 hours. Maybe some pre game lunch in town?

Let's plan on a skirmish sized game to ease you in. You'll need four to six Frames and two Stations. The exact number of Frames and their systems are normally kept secret, but since there are two of us, we won't exactly be jockeying for point attacker or defender, it'll just sort of happen. Feel free to bring some terrain, if you've got any!
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby xTornOxysx » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I've got enough frames built now, and two stations. A friend might come to watch, hope that's ok. I was thinking of grabbing a bite beforehand too.
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby CmdrRook » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:25 pm

The more, the merrier!
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby CmdrRook » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:29 am

Ah, I made a very minor goof! 2-player skirmish is 4-6 frames, as I said, but with 3 stations, not two! I understand it's short notice, so I'll be bringing an extra station for you just in case, and if not, we can go for a 2-station skirmish anyways, potentially reducing the max number of frames. The goal is to make sure you don't have quite enough resources to cover all of your assets without some sort of risk.

Not sure what road conditions are like down south, but we've all but cleared the roads of any lingering slush. In any case, drive safely!
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby xTornOxysx » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:36 am

Thank you very much, but I have built 3 stations for just this kind of eventuality! :twisted:
The roads here are pretty much clear, thank you. :)
I might be a tiny bit late...but I'll do what I can to avoid that. In any case, I apologize in advance.
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby xTornOxysx » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Don't anyone think one victory has satiated my bloodlust! I'll be looking for people to play against for a long time. If you are ANYWHERE in Connecticut, Massechusets, the east of New York State, or Rhode Island, post here and we can set something up! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby Blorf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 am

xTornOxysx wrote:Don't anyone think one victory has satiated my bloodlust! I'll be looking for people to play against for a long time. If you are ANYWHERE in Connecticut, Massechusets, the east of New York State, or Rhode Island, post here and we can set something up! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

I'm in northern VT.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby CmdrRook » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:48 am

Blorf wrote:
xTornOxysx wrote:Don't anyone think one victory has satiated my bloodlust! I'll be looking for people to play against for a long time. If you are ANYWHERE in Connecticut, Massechusets, the east of New York State, or Rhode Island, post here and we can set something up! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

I'm in northern VT.

I wouldn't mind hopping the border for a game some time.
CmdrRook
Been Around The Block

Postby xTornOxysx » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Northern Vermont is a good way away, but I think we can set something up.

Maybe next month sometime. Would it be possible to set something up for a Saturday? 6, 13, or 20th would be great for me. Let me know guys.
xTornOxysx
Chatty

Postby Blorf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:44 pm

I have obligations for all of those days. Unfortunately I'm ​going to have a really difficult time finding free weekends for the foreseeable future between family, vacations, various obligations and the miniquad race season getting underway. But I'd love to get a game in. I'll keep this thread in mind and post back when it looks like I have something opening up. Often that ends up being last minute.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Return to North America