Gunpla Battle

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Gunpla Battle

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 pm

So, there were legends of people playing Mobile Frame Zero with 1/144 Gundam models kits in the past, but legends are not enough to appease me.

Vitor Faria (2st, 3f, 12sys)
Union Flag d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6G d6B d6W d6W
Gouf Custom d6Ra d6Ra d6Y d6Y d6B d6W d6W
Hygogg d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6B d6W d6W d8G d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr

Lourenço (2st, 3f, 12sys)
GM Sniper d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6G d6B d6W d6W d8Rr
Baqto d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6B d6B d6W d6W
Beginning Gundam d6Rh d6Rh d6Y d6G d6B d6W d6W d8G d8Rr d8Rr

André (2st, 3f, 11sys)
Geirail d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6G d6B d6W d6W
Shiden d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6G d6B d6W d6W
Barbatos Lupus d6Rh d6Rh d6G d6B d6W d6W d8G d8Rr d8Rr d8Rr

Myself and André have been planning this for a while, we would try this only in the end of the month, when his new HG kits would arrive from Japan (he only owned Barbatos and nothing else), in a curious strike of luck he managed to find two more IBO kits in Chile(!?) and assembled them in a hurry so we could try this earlier. I can say it paid of! I grabbed my 6 HGs and invited Lourenço to complete the game and here we are!

We used double ruler scale, as the sets are somewhat bigger than the usual, ideally we would use different terrain as well, but we had no time for that (yet)!

The fight was actually very balanced, competitive and strategically intense despite the low number of units. I managed to score the win after some pretty hard fought turns!

As the week progresses, I will fill out some details more clearly, so stay tuned!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Gunpla Battle

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Can't wait to see how this plays out.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks for reading, MK!

The turns:

Please excuse the pic quality, the table was fairly big, for obvious reasons.

Initial setup. André dominates most of the table, Myself and Lourenço form a "firing line" facing his frames, unfortunately the Baqto isn't showing in this pic, it was placed beyond the lower right corner.

A: 30
V: 20
L: 20

André got crazy lucky with the dice here, almost destroying Lourenço's GM and my Hygogg suffering nothing in return. Our troops do close on him, however. I make a hard choice wasting a d6Y of 6 that could only throw at Lourenço, but I didn't want his GM dead yet, as I knew it was going for André first.

A: 30

André's luck is over as quickly as it appeared. We destroy his Barbatos in a coordinated attack, Lourenço takes the station it was defending, taking the lead.

A: 18
L: 24

My Hygogg steals André's remaining station, but unfortunately dies in the process. Lourenço steals one of my stations with his GM, holding an absurd lead in points! I was having none of that, it was time to switch targets. I retreat with my Flag, destroying his GM and reclaiming my lost station.

A: 12

Lourenço was winning by points, but I knew André dominated the center and could easily retake his stations, so I focused on destroying his Shiden, as Lourenço's Gundam was fairly damaged already. André takes his Geirail and starts disputing my Flag's station.

A: 6

I manage to kill Lourenço's Gundam, taking the lead. Then I fly my flag to one of Lourenço's stations, effectively giving one of my own to André, "redistributing" my opponents points so I'm far above both equally. They try to join forces to destroy my Gouf in retaliation, but it survives with a single d6W remaining.

A: 12
L: 12
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Nice reporting!
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks a lot, it means a lot coming from you!

I wish I had taken note of the doomsday clock values, as it was used in a different way compared to what I normally see, usually most players clock it faster in a three players game, but this wasn't the case here at all, everyone played the long game.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Gritzan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 pm

REALLY nice game this was!

Once my Bael and Vidar arrive, we'll battle once more!

And I hope Chocolatto and Gaelio will be more useful than Mika! x,D
Gritzan
Newcomer

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports