Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Teslaville 2

Postby Mantisking » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 am

Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: Teslaville 2

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Having your station on the back of the train was really interesting, did that clash with the base rules in any notable way?
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:21 am

VitorFaria wrote:Having your station on the back of the train was really interesting, did that clash with the base rules in any notable way?

I haven't checked the rules but it seemed okay has it was still possible to capture it if you hopped on top of the train. In fact that almost happened when Stevenik jumped one of his Frames up onto the track.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 am

There's no rule against placing stations on elevated terrain. I've done it many times. You do have to decide what to do when that terrain gets destroyed, and there's no rule that helps there. We generally use a "play where it lies" strategy; if a station falls, you let it drop and it takes the new position. Others might argue that stations can never move and you have to place them in the same vertical position when terrain is destroyed underneath them. I think that's fine, too, (they are stations after all,) but letting them fall naturally is more fun for us.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 am

Blorf wrote:There's no rule against placing stations on elevated terrain. I've done it many times. You do have to decide what to do when that terrain gets destroyed, and there's no rule that helps there. We generally use a "play where it lies" strategy; if a station falls, you let it drop and it takes the new position. Others might argue that stations can never move and you have to place them in the same vertical position when terrain is destroyed underneath them. I think that's fine, too, (they are stations after all,) but letting them fall naturally is more fun for us.

Seeing as the Station was attached to the back of the train, we figured that it should fall with it.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports