[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - I can make your planet for you

I can make your planet for you

Post your MFZ-inspired fiction and artwork for others to admire
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All your posts should reflect this

I can make your planet for you

Postby Thaddeus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:53 pm

So, I've recently gotten Photoshop & After Effects, and I might be able to create your planet for your setting and background. (Much like for .)Mind you, I'm not very good, but I'm learning and my ultimate goal is to make planet animations in After Effects so it'll be good practice for me. Here are the ones I've made so far;

(I redid the tutorial to understand some stuff better and came up with this.)

(MittenNinja's planet and mine look very similar because we used the same tutorial. Speaking of which, its pretty horribly obvious which image is the product of a tutorial.)

First of my attempts.

Last edited by Thaddeus on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:18 pm

That first one is really nice.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Re: I can make your planet for you

Postby Zero Revenge » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:20 am

I'm game, what sort of details do you need?
Self-appointed lore buff.
http://mfzarcadia.wordpress.com/ - Keep up to date on the War for Arcadia
Zero Revenge
Grizzled Veteran

Postby aimforthetop » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:20 am

Some time back I used a similar tutorial for Gimp to make Planet Melocotón.

I deviated a lot from it, however- as wasn't going for photorealistic. I kinda wanted an old painted anime background look than anything else, and to show off the landforms with the Melocotón City continent at the center.
aimforthetop
Been Around The Block

Postby jugglervr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:37 am

There's also
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Wow, that Lunarcell looks just like the kind of planet making program I've been hoping to find! That said, I might take you up on your offer, Thaddeus, as I already have an idea for a Mars like planet I've been hoping to visualize. :)
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Xero010 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:30 pm

I think I will. Have an interesting image in my head of what Paragon would look like. Do you know what specifics you need for it to be done?
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
Xero010
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Xero010 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Sorry for being redundant. Here's an excerpt from my background on the planet. Paragon is a rocky planet with a dense and gaseous atmosphere containing an abundance of oxygen and nitrogen. 65% of the planet’s surface is covered in jungle, with the remaining 15 % being above ground water, and another 20% Being the arctic tundras at each of it's poles, due mostly in part to the planets awkward tilt and orbit around its mother star.The planet holds an abundance of animal life, most of it of medium to small in size. Most of the planets water is underground, which feeds the abundance of planet life. The climate is hot and humid, but cools down during and after sunset. The soil has yet to be tested for growing food items, though the fauna has an abundance of uncatalogued fruits and vegetation.
Xero010
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm

What color is the atmosphere?

Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thaddeus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:17 am

(Updated main post)

Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:56 am

That redo of the first one is sexy
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby jugglervr » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:34 am

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby Xero010 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:21 am

Xero010
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Soren » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:52 am

If you want to go further with this, you can . This opens up a lot of tasty options - it's much more flexible and consistent than painting.

The logical next step from there is to make Google Earth overlays.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Thaddeus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 am

Sadly, my computer is inadequate to use Photoshop's 3d tools. I'll have to wait for After Effects before I can wrap textures. But, twill be cool once I can!

Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby jugglervr » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 am

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby Thaddeus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:01 pm

That was in reference to Soren's comment, but it might apply to Lunarcell too. I'm using a new 200$ laptop, so its no surprise really.

Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Grass4hopper » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:14 pm

If you're still making planets, can I request you make one for New Leda.

It has an atmosphere, the haze is light blue. The land is primarly light gray with darker highlights, about 30% of the surface. Another 20 % is red. The other 50% is water, blueish-green. I'd like a couple super huge craters, like the gulf of mexico.

So I know that's kind of specific, so I just want to say thanks in advance, and I will appreciate any planet you're kind enough to make : )
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Return to Mobile Frame Fan Fiction