Vesopia Armament Laboratories: Handheld Ionic Beam Emitter

Show off and discuss all your Attachment creations here; weapons, defenses, sensors, and movement options.

Vesopia Armament Laboratories: Handheld Ionic Beam Emitter

Postby Ced23Ric » Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 am

VAL IBE-hh

Background:

"Mr. Farscamp, your calculations have been correct, the chamber pressure is stable." the scientist said, with surprise in his voice.
Elliott smiled. "I expected this. These Dissidents are tricky. But they still are bound by the laws of physics."

The other man looked up from the readouts, scratched his chin and took a deep breath. Like many, he was used to Farscamps disregard of others, their goals and motivations. He was only interested in knowledge, and every technology VTA brought in that was unknown was just a puzzle to him. And again, he had cracked one. Minituarizing these weapons, giving them compact powercells and retain the tremendous damage output of the Ionic Beam Emitter was something that took the better half of this year to figure out. Casualties? Yes, there have been some. One time, the IBE went critical right at the first shot, irradiating an entire team of R&D personell. After that, the idea of plutonium-based powercells had been discarded. Now they were using Ununquadium - still radioactive, but also easier to contain in magnetised containers. The energy output was tremendous, and as the fuel burnt up during firing, empty cells could either be reused or discarded with a radition half-life of less than 5 minutes. Better.

"I want to see this system tested in combat tonight. Get a VMC group up in here, take the #12. They are close by and about to embark on garrison duty in the North," Farscamp proclaimed.
"Right away Sir. Anything else?"
"Contact Marshall Mardukas of the Mistarille Dawn. Tell them, we have something for them."
"But they ... aren't excatly friends with the Ijad."
"The acquistion of knowledge is not bound by politics. They will see the differences between our Conclave and others,"
said the ingenious scientist and turned his attention back to the data screen.
His coworker had been dismissed.

Compability:
The handheld Ionic Beam Emitter comes with his own powercell, which can be operated and reloaded by any 'frame with MIL0245 standard manipulators. The couplings are designed to handle stress and the exhaust valve assures that even in high-load situations the chamber pressure never exceeds safe levels. There are no plans for retrofitting the weapon for older 'frames or 'frames not fulfilling the MIL0245 standard.

Imagery:

Bricked:
Image Image Image

Technical Schematics:
LDD Files: VAL IBE-hh | Building Instructions

Had to do it. I was thinking about new weapons anyway, and then I remembered the pretty sweet IBE Eleffwhee came up with on his VX-33 Pulsar 'Frames and the adapted version of the M9E Gernsback.
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Re: Vesopia Armament Laboratories: Handheld Ionic Beam Emitt

Postby The Trilobite » Sun May 20, 2012 10:12 am

Love the trilateral symmetry on this bad boy!
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by Porcelain Llama Theater.

My Johari Window
The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 am

Well this is a neat shoutout! Love the lore that you're tying in. I didn't think that anyone really noticed my Pulsar's IBE since it wasn't heavily commented on, but it remains one of my personal favorite designs I've done. Love that we can now enjoy handheld versions (I assume for direct fire range)! I haven't really delved into lore about the Dissident yet, so I guess I'm going to have to now! The one thing I can solidly say, is that the Dissident cells are not of mortal understanding, and that no third party will be able to completely mimic a Dissident technological weapon. The cells used to power them are to be tied into the entity the Dissident worship and swear loyalty to, hence their denouncement of Ijad doctrines as being a false god. Great work here, though. =D
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ced23Ric » Sun May 20, 2012 10:57 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:I assume for direct fire range

Oh yeah. The barrel's so short, anything but d6Rd would be preposterous. ;)
LowestFormOfWit wrote:The cells used to power them are to be tied into the entity the Dissident worship and swear loyalty to, hence their denouncement of Ijad doctrines as being a false god.

Hence VAL designed their own powercells, with questionable elements and unknown longterm effects. :D
LowestFormOfWit wrote:Great work here, though. =D

Thanks! Glad you like it!
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Sun May 20, 2012 11:02 am

Haha! Questionable long-term effects. On a roll of 1 the device generates a temporary quantum singularity, pulling the user's frame into oblivion?
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ced23Ric » Sun May 20, 2012 11:07 am

Mhmm.
House Rules wrote:On a roll of 1 & 1 (as it's d6Rd d6Rd), the attack fails, the 'frame instantly takes 1 damage and loses this weapon. The IBE-hh cannot be the system dropped if that occurs. No substitute whites.
On a roll of 6 & 6, the target 'frame is hit, taking 2 points of damage, ignoring Defense and Cover. No damage rolls are made, even if more would be possible. If the target is in cover, the cover takes 2 hits, remove 12 bricks.
How about that? :D
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 am

Nice job on this one.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Weapon & Equipment Designs