Ubuntu Stud.io

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Ubuntu Stud.io

Postby Alexial » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:57 am

I've been trying to get Stud.io working on my computer lately with wine (Ubuntu 19.10) and I've been having some trouble. Has anyone else managed to get this to work? Just wondering if someone here could help before I dive into google again.
Lurker.
Alexial
Talkative

Re: Ubuntu Stud.io

Postby Vitoria » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:45 am

Interesting, might try to play with this later.

Weirdly LDD always seemed to work well with WINE, I did use it like that a lot a few years ago.

Stud.io is less monolithic than LDD, it actually installs a bunch of independent components that are called by the interface when needed (or at least it was like that back when I used to watch it's development more closely). Maybe there is a specific component that doesn't jive well with WINE. If we manage to find out which one is causing trouble we might be able to manually substitute it with a Linux compatible version.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Re: Ubuntu Stud.io

Postby Alexial » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:43 pm

I can get it to run, but when tabbing out and in it becomes unresponsive and has to be closed. Even when it is running, it doesn't respond to keyboard input and middle mouse doesn't work either. So it could be something to do with an input detection mechanism that doesn't get called when I tab back in. Unfortunately, I have no idea how any of that stuff works.
Lurker.
Alexial
Talkative

Return to Off Topic