Question

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Question

Postby Trokodile » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 pm

I've noticed on a few signatures that they say "I stand with Twankus." What does this mean? Just hoping someone could clarify. Thanks!
BUILDING FRAMES AND PLAYING GAMES

my FULL gallery

"Press #E0ECEE for stealth mode!"
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Re: Question

Postby Vitoria » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:07 pm

VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:03 am

Short answer, the Great Atavism created a character name Twankus who is the commander and designer of Twanks LLC. (the manufacture of the Twank frame)
So STAND WITH TWANKUS!
if not... Then for Heaven's sake don't stand AGAINST him. lol :lol:
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:10 am

I just want to take the opportunity to say that, in retrospect, Twanks and the budget frame wars that followed were the best thing that ever happened to MF0.

They brought a breath of fresh air and creativity to the community like nothing else before or since!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Trokodile » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 am

VitorFaria wrote:Get ready for a long and nice read!

I just want to take the opportunity to say that, in retrospect, Twanks and the budget frame wars that followed were the best thing that ever happened to MF0.

They brought a breath of fresh air and creativity to the community like nothing else before or since!

I've definitely noticed that Thread before... Dunno how I missed the awesome Lore there, though. It's too bad I wasn't around at that point, though, because I think I have a design or two that would've fit right in.
Artasid wrote:Short answer, the Great Atavism created a character name Twankus who is the commander and designer of Twanks LLC. (the manufacture of the Twank frame)
So STAND WITH TWANKUS!

I definitely won't stand against him, but I can't say the same for ÆILOS Industries... Or PROXIMATION. Between the two, though, PROXIMATION would more likely win, because I think a Beta Skull with an Obliterator Cannon would stand some chance. Which I absolutely MUST build now... Then again, ÆILOS has that stealth technology for the ASF, so who knows?

EDIT: Obliterator Cannon Beta Skull turned out pretty cool. Although I don't know why PROXIMATION declared war on Twanks LLC, probably the worst idea in all of history.

my FULL gallery

Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Blorf » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:44 pm

If you only read that one thread, you'll also miss a boatload of the other interconnected characters/adventures/creations. Someone wrote up a thread to try to collect all of those links together. Hopefully someone not browsing on a phone can dig that one up for you.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Trokodile » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:09 am

Mantisking wrote:I did a couple of blog posts on it.

And once again I wish I could have been around back then to participate... The Actium might not be a bidget frame, but its versatile enough that I would've included it...

my FULL gallery

Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby FourEyesIsAFish » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 am

Artasid wrote:Short answer, the Great Atavism created a character name Twankus who is the commander and designer of Twanks LLC. (the manufacture of the Twank frame)
So STAND WITH TWANKUS!

Get ready for another wave of corporate espionage guys. Chameleon Core (my faction, who are pretty much a bunch of ijad + humans idealists trying to make everyone cooperate) would likely be enemies of Twanks LLC.

So, TLDR I don't stand with Twankus.

The end
The time for change has come. With your help, our wave shall become a great flood, wiping away all who oppose us. - Waves of Change
FourEyesIsAFish
Chatty

Postby Trokodile » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:58 pm

FourEyesIsAFish wrote:
So STAND WITH TWANKUS!

Get ready for another wave of corporate espionage guys. Chameleon Core (my faction, who are pretty much a bunch of ijad + humans idealists trying to make everyone cooperate) would likely be enemies of Twanks LLC.

The end

Well, I have two factions, one of whom is unaware of the existence of Twanks LLC, and one which dislikes them. The second faction, PROXIMATION, currently has little to no chance of succeeding.

So, TLDR should our factions team up?

my FULL gallery

Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby FourEyesIsAFish » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Trokodile wrote:
FourEyesIsAFish wrote:
So STAND WITH TWANKUS!

The end

Well, I have two factions, one of whom is unaware of the existence of Twanks LLC, and one which dislikes them. The second faction, PROXIMATION, currently has little to no chance of succeeding.

So, TLDR should our factions team up?

Maybe, if PROXIMATION accepts Ijad and are decent people.
The time for change has come. With your help, our wave shall become a great flood, wiping away all who oppose us. - Waves of Change
FourEyesIsAFish
Chatty

Return to Off Topic