Page 2 of 5

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:28 am
by Dukayn
Nice work MK. That's a lot of pieces for not much output.

I recently posted to FB what I think is a steal which was 3 boxes of the Kre-O Battleship Land Assault for $7 apiece, down from $19.95.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:34 am
by gatlinggouf927
Picked up the Fury Class Sith Intercepter on clearence for 59.98 at target.

Then, for whatever reason the Jedi Defender Cruiser was tucked away in the back, i don't think it was supposed to be there because there wasn't a price sticker on it, but i told them at the register that it was in the clearence section, they bought it because the box was a little scuffed. Got it for the same price... SCORE!

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:51 am
by Dukayn
Seriously? That's awesome. That cruiser is like $140 AUD

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:44 am
by gatlinggouf927
Dukayn wrote:Seriously? That's awesome. That cruiser is like $140 AUD

Depending on your store of choice the Cruiser goes for about $80 to $90 USD. So I'm pretty pumped about it, and while it pretty much is a plethora of parts in colors i use for the VG, i'm finding it super hard to take apart. I mean, in 7p scale, it's pretty much a ready made Varangian shuttle/frigate... It may just end up being a centerpiece to display my frames, they look so damn good together! XD

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm
by darksyntax
Thrifted (sealed new in box) both 4623 and 4624 for $5ea. Perhaps not in your bailiwick, but certainly in mine.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:25 pm
by XGundam05
Got a gift card for Christmas for $10, so I filled two small cups at the Downtown Disney PAB wall this week for $6.29 after tax. Haven't counted the pieces up yet, but they had a lot of nice purple and pink pieces, travis bricks, and plate click hinges (as well as some 1x1 round tiles).

Edit: 1803 pieces between both cups. And the clerk at the wall seemed rather interested in the whole concept of MFZ (and was incredibly helpful), so here's hoping for another MoF0 down in Florida :)

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm
by jugglervr
XGundam05 wrote:Got a gift card for Christmas for $10, so I filled two small cups at the Downtown Disney PAB wall this week for $6.29 after tax. Haven't counted the pieces up yet, but they had a lot of nice purple and pink pieces, travis bricks, and plate click hinges (as well as some 1x1 round tiles).

Edit: 1803 pieces between both cups. And the clerk at the wall seemed rather interested in the whole concept of MFZ (and was incredibly helpful), so here's hoping for another MoF0 down in Florida :)


Yeah, I just found that the Stoneridge Mall store still has travises, and since i've started giving them out to players at the shop, i figured i should stock up.

When I made my huge travis brick run a few months ago, I brought the MoF0 rulebook with me and showed it off to several interested people. I suggest doing this to anyone who's interested; it's a great conversation piece and could lead to new recruits.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 pm
by darksyntax
2.5lbs for $25. Two overstuffed 64oz/1.89l containers, very lightly used. A high ratio of small, fiddly bits (although they appear to have sunk to the bottom looking at the pic now). Based on the identifiable pieces of sets, I'm guessing circa 2008-2010. There was also a motor (58120c01) and remote (58122c01), but no sensor. This is why I thrift! :D
Image

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 am
by Mantisking
i picked up four sets tonight from Marshall's, three Kre-O and one Mega Bloks. 38781 Decepticon Ambush for $5.99 (80 pcs.), 96993 Brute Chieftan Charge for $5.99 (72 pcs.), 38975 Air Assault for $9.99 (225 pcs.), and 98814 Stealth Bumblebee for $14.99 (257 pcs.). That's 634 pieces for $36.96, or $0.06 per piece.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:16 pm
by darksyntax
Stopped by my local Lego Store to scope out the PaB wall and found two copies of set 31021 marked down to $16US ea due to smashed boxes. When opened, all parts were good, instructions were a little bent but no worse than some I've seen in uncrushed boxes. Lesson: always check the markdown shelf.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm
by Mantisking
darksyntax wrote:Lesson: always check the markdown shelf.

Always!

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:49 pm
by Mantisking
I picked up the Kre-O Haunted Hideaway set for $9.99 last night. It has 317 pieces, so the PpP was $0.03.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 am
by Mantisking
I stopped by my local Walmart on a whim last night. I ended up going home with 70704 Vermin Vaporizer for $35.00!

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:19 pm
by Mantisking
Hit the same Walmart today for a copy of Veronica Mars. Ended up leaving with two boxes of 75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid for $13.00 each.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:35 pm
by StubbsPKS
Went to Target in NE Philly on Roosevelt Blvd and found Ninjago Overboard Attack for $16.29

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:05 pm
by morganm
#70005 Legends of Chima Laval's Royal Fighter - MSRP $40 - Got it for $15
#7931Lego Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle - MSRP $60 - Got it for $28

These were complete sets too including minfigs and the box!

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:07 pm
by Mantisking
morganm wrote:#70005 Legends of Chima Laval's Royal Fighter - MSRP $40 - Got it for $15
#7931Lego Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle - MSRP $60 - Got it for $28

Where?

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:08 pm
by morganm
Just got #8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle - MSRP $70 - Got it for $30 =)

On a roll!

Don't know if this one has minifigs or not; weren't shown in the picture. It was an opened box... so a bit of a gamble on this one.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:19 pm
by morganm
Mantisking wrote:
morganm wrote:#70005 Legends of Chima Laval's Royal Fighter - MSRP $40 - Got it for $15
#7931Lego Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle - MSRP $60 - Got it for $28

Where?


Sorry; there's already too much compentition for hot items like Star Wars =( Took me a while to find this place but anyone can find it... not exclusive or hidden or anything. It's just not the big name flashy sites people typically go to like eBay, BrickLink, etc.

Honestly a lot of big name themed sets get bid up to insane prices; I got pretty lucky on these Star Wars ones. They almost always bid up past MSRP prices and into "wth are you thinking?" prices. These 3 were out of 20 I bid on ... so as you can see I loose more than I win because I'm not willing to pay too much for them.

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:32 pm
by Mantisking
morganm wrote:#70005 Legends of Chima Laval's Royal Fighter - MSRP $40 - Got it for $15
#7931Lego Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle - MSRP $60 - Got it for $28
Mantisking wrote:Where?
morganm wrote:Sorry; there's already too much compentition for hot items like Star Wars =( Took me a while to find this place but anyone can find it... not exclusive or hidden or anything. It's just not the big name flashy sites people typically go to like eBay, BrickLink, etc.

Honestly a lot of big name themed sets get bid up to insane prices; I got pretty lucky on these Star Wars ones. They almost always bid up past MSRP prices and into "wth are you thinking?" prices. These 3 were out of 20 I bid on ... so as you can see I loose more than I win because I'm not willing to pay too much for them.

Ah, okay, you shop online. I tend to stick to brick & mortar stores.