Métis In Space

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Métis In Space

Postby CADmonkey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Since listening to this podcast which Joshua participated in, I've been meaning to mention this podcast here:

Métis In Space.

This is a podcast by two geeky Métis ladies who deconstruct sci-fi/fantasy/horror movies & tv shows featuring Indigenous Peoples from a decolonial perspective. The podcast is currently on hiatus, and I don't know when or if it will return, but there are 30 episodes to listen to. The bulk of each episode consists of the two of them commenting on a movie or an episode of a tv show which they've just watched, with a critical view to indigenous representation & issues. Métis In Space review shows & movies that they love as well as those that they hate, so I'd recommend starting with an episode about something they're fans of, like Star Trek: Star Trek: The Original Series “The Paradise Syndrome” or Star Trek: TNG "Journey's End" before moving on to stuff they hated, like Avatar.

I thought that Métis In Space might be of interest here since the Solar Calendar setting is a science-fiction universe that has Indigenous Persons in it, in the form of both the Ijad and real-world Indigenous People.
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection:
The Bright Seraphim MF0: Rapid Attack
Demo Teams MF0: Rapid Attack
CADmonkey
Talkative

Re: Métis In Space

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 pm

This seems a lot of fun. Going to hear this while cleaning my stuff.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Métis In Space

Postby Hcrimery » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 am

This is beyond my knowledge so that I have enough.
Hcrimery
Newcomer

Return to Off Topic