[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Swarm of Drones

Swarm of Drones

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Swarm of Drones

Postby Alexial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:06 pm

--BASIC FLUFF--
Need something capable of taking down frames, without losing pilots? Have a lot of ? Then we have the vehicles for you!
--END FLUFF--
Ran out of enough similarly colored joints to make a frame, but noticed I had a lot of . They kind of looked like futuristic drones to me, so I strapped on some systems, made some stands, and called it good.
Currently, I have 3 frames worth of these: two soldiers and a close assault with 3 SSRs.

by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr

Close up of each system:
by , on Flickr
The little spikes on the bottom are the rockets, the drone just carries them.
by , on Flickr
A basic drone with a basic weapon strapped on.
by , on Flickr
Equipped with a 360 camera for greater visibility.
by , on Flickr
Unburdened, these drones should be pretty fast, so calling this one the movement system.
by , on Flickr
This drone is more heavily armored than the others, and can fly in front of them to take shots for them.
by , on Flickr
Equipped with a short blade, because rebellions can't afford plasma edges, and because I couldn't find any lightsabers while building this.

The stands are made of bars and axles, with the axles being stuck into the bottoms of bricks, and the bars being stuck into technic pins which are stuck into the bottom of bricks. The axles were used because I ran out of bars.

This can be moved to frame designs if someone feels it's appropriate. Not really a vehicle OR a frame.

Comments, questions, and criticism welcome.
Lurker.
Alexial
Talkative

Re: Swarm of Drones

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Using some unique pieces such as these are darn near in expert territory. I particularly like your use of the minifig magnifying glasses. I am definitely going to have to borrow some of these ideas. lol
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Alexial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Thanks! I originally wanted to make this idea with , until realizing I had basically none of the parts needed to actually build it ready and sorted. (I guess I could build some of them when I get around to ordering for a company of , but right now I'm seeing how many frames I can build without having to order parts. Haven't ordered since finding out about MFZ, and pretty proud of how much I've managed to get done off of my limited parts.)
Lurker.
Alexial
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:37 pm

The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Those look pretty ominous and terrifying, with all those jet black faceless threats!

Pretty obvious to point out, but those could also be sick IO frame companies!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Alexial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:53 pm

I really need to get around to reading the IO rules so I can figure out whether or not ot post some of my old creations (from before I found out about MFZ).
Lurker.
Alexial
Talkative

Postby spacemonkey » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 pm

These are super cool and creative!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Vehicle Designs