LBT5-M

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

LBT5-M

Postby studless » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:07 am

The vehicle portion of the forum seems a little unloved, so I decided to add some digital love.

The FCAR had but forward a contract, for a Light Battle Tank (LBT5-M) of easy-to-build, modular design to allow easier storage and transport to suppliment the frames used by various forces. The tank was not intended to be a front line fighter, but more of a mobile defensive emplacement. It was designed to be built at the colonies using spare parts and whatever else could be spared.

With a weight of 21.2 tons (standard) and a top speed of 29.3 mph (again, standard) it was never intended to be transported through gates. Also thanks to the modular design (and rebel smarts) very few LBT5-M's are alike.

The FCAR 5th defensive Fleet, who guards the major factories, Has armed their LBT5-M(C)'s with discarded 47mm auto-loading, high velocity, anti-frame rifles and 65mm of Titanium alloyed honeycomb structure armor. What can they say, they're never going to climb any buildings. :mrgreen:

Loadout is d6B d6B d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d6W d6W according to fluff.
Attachments
Tank 4.png
Tank 2.png
The odd things are a 7P measuring stick
Tank 1.png

Didn't have a micro/mech/space/halo/alien/starcraft/star wars/WWII/LDD/brickarms/exo-force/mars mission description. :'(
studless
Chatty

Re: LBT5-M

Postby h pidy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:39 pm

it is alittle slower dont you think, but other then that i love it
I never said we did wrong when we kick out the SU, we should of signed up with the damn Freebirds. But we got greedy dealing with all three and now we pay for it in blood. When we found that lab we sealed our fate we cant run, we can barely fight back.
h pidy
Young Gun

Postby studless » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:41 am

h pidy wrote:it is alittle slower dont you think, but other then that i love it

Slower as in speed? Based on the fluff, the speed can vary quite a lot, but based on the loadout, your probably right.

Didn't have a micro/mech/space/halo/alien/starcraft/star wars/WWII/LDD/brickarms/exo-force/mars mission description. :'(
studless
Chatty

Postby Zero Revenge » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:21 pm

I know that, fluff-wise, frames would tear it apart [tactics not withstanding], but I really want to see a diorama of frames vs tanks...
Self-appointed lore buff.
http://mfzarcadia.wordpress.com/ - Keep up to date on the War for Arcadia
Zero Revenge
Grizzled Veteran

Postby FrostCollar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am

This is really nice! I especially like the large flat turret - it's kind of tough to get a good looking turret on a tank at this scale, but you definitely succeeded.
FrostCollar
Talkative

Postby studless » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks everyone, I wanted to make it the same scale as a M1 Abrams, and it turned out to fit almost perfectly. It isn't really that large compared to a scrambler (should post photo) and I was somewhat disappointed with the quality and scale of the vehicles on the forum.

(Also, I like tanks.... A LOT!)

studless
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:09 pm

studless wrote:Thanks everyone, I wanted to make it the same scale as a M1 Abrams, and it turned out to fit almost perfectly. It isn't really that large compared to a scrambler (should post photo) and I was somewhat disappointed with the quality and scale of the vehicles on the forum.

I did a M-1 Abrams in 6P scale.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby studless » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 am

Mantisking wrote:
studless wrote:Thanks everyone, I wanted to make it the same scale as a M1 Abrams, and it turned out to fit almost perfectly. It isn't really that large compared to a scrambler (should post photo) and I was somewhat disappointed with the quality and scale of the vehicles on the forum.

I did a M-1 Abrams in 6P scale.

That is actually really good considering the scale we are working in. Sorry if I insulted anyone with my previous comment. :oops:

studless
Chatty

Return to Vehicle Designs