FX-c012 Blaze Phoenix Fighter

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Re: FX-c012 Blaze Phoenix Fighter

Postby MittenNinja » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 pm

LowestFormOfWit wrote:I like the shaping until it gets to the rear. It just seems so bulky and fat for a fighter plane. That engine is gigantourmous.

I see it as more of a starfighter with aerospace capabilities than a straight up fighter jet. But I have no idea if that is correct or not.
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Dukayn wrote:Yeah an F-14 makes more sense size-wise. And I agree, the frames aren't as big as we think they are sometimes. I still think one fitting inside a semi-trailer crate is a bit off; a Chub stands at about 7.5 metres tall - which is about 2 storeys high - if I calculate it correctly, and I have yet to see a truck which can carry a 2-storey building in it's crate.

Take a look at this. It's a model of a Scopedog -- which is the inspiration for the Chub -- and it shows that it can fold into a shorter configuration.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Dukayn » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 am

That's one way around it I guess.

The swept-wing looks amazing. Much prefer it to the straight wing.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby TheOmnicide » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

Omg the swept wings. A million times "Yes!" The bulk in the back bothered me at first, too, but I thought of it similar to MittenNinja thinking it was a combo space/atmospheric fighter.
TheOmnicide
Young Gun

Previous

Return to Vehicle Designs