Assault Shuttle

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Assault Shuttle

Postby NimbusAConflict » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:14 am

This is a little something with trans pieces I tried to pull off in LDraw and POV-Ray

Assault Shuttle by NimbusConflict, on Flickr
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Assault Shuttle

Postby darksyntax » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:28 am

That front landing gear is perfect.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Dukayn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:40 am

I like the design, very cool. That front landing gear is indeed awesome.

Regarding the render, it appears to have been squished slightly. The rounds...well, aren't round. You might want to try out area lights in POV-Ray too, it softens the shadows.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby NimbusAConflict » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 am

Dukayn wrote:I like the design, very cool. That front landing gear is indeed awesome.

Regarding the render, it appears to have been squished slightly. The rounds...well, aren't round. You might want to try out area lights in POV-Ray too, it softens the shadows.

Yeah, I'm having issues with the canvas size. No matter which I choose, it seems to squish in some way.
I do have area lights used, as I followed the guide I posted, but the location may be to close to the model. I mostly just wanted to see how long trans pieces render. :/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 am

Canvas size doesn't change aspect ratio. You need to change the Image Size and untick the locked ratios. Canvas size crops the overall size rather than resizing the pixels within the image.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Foghammer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Lots of NPU. The pulley for the landing gear of course, but those claws on the sides are a nice touch as well. Looks like there's quite a few moving parts here. do the wings adjust for vertical take off?
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby Thaddeus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:44 pm

I've never seen binoculars used like that! Lots of great texturing with the claw and vents and such. Great work!
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby NimbusAConflict » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Dukayn wrote:Canvas size doesn't change aspect ratio. You need to change the Image Size and untick the locked ratios. Canvas size crops the overall size rather than resizing the pixels within the image.

I don't have any such check box... Must find this.

Anyway, began my trial and error tinkering.
Assault Shuttle Attempt 2 by NimbusConflict, on Flickr
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Yeah that looks better. My only criticism of the build (moving on from the render hehe) is that those binoculars won't be very secure sitting there like that. I would foresee them being quite fragile, especially where they connect to the dish.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby NimbusAConflict » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Dukayn wrote:Yeah that looks better. My only criticism of the build (moving on from the render hehe) is that those binoculars won't be very secure sitting there like that. I would foresee them being quite fragile, especially where they connect to the dish.

Quite possibly. If i built this, I might glue them, or throw a 1x4 plate in there under them.

This was a rather old LDD file I had, It just happened to be the first in alphabetic order that had trans pieces.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Vehicle Designs