Operation Bruticus Orbital Shuttle

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Operation Bruticus Orbital Shuttle

Postby wintermute » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Built myself a little shuttle craft and mobile launch platform.
It needed some friends so I built a couple of Fire Control & Rescue units based on the venerable chub frame:
See more here
wintermute
Newcomer

Re: Operation Bruticus Orbital Shuttle

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Freaking brilliant! :o Nice builds all around. I would even suggest you enter those FCR frames in the Support Frame Contest. :)

EDIT: :oops: Just glanced through the Flickr submission thread and I saw you already submitted them. Good luck!
Last edited by spacemonkey on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 pm

I saw this in my Flickr feed this morning. I had no idea you were a member over here.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby _K1wi_ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I don't know if this will be taken as a compliment (I assure you it is intended to be one), but I honestly think this doesn't look like regular lego any more. It looks more like a toy that you can buy at a store as a whole. Like a micro machines playset or something similar. I'm just humbled by the level of detail and parts usage on this one. It is absolutely brilliantly executed.
_K1wi_
Newcomer

Postby Thaddeus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm

_K1wi_ wrote:I don't know if this will be taken as a compliment (I assure you it is intended to be one), but I honestly think this doesn't look like regular lego any more. It looks more like a toy that you can buy at a store as a whole. Like a micro machines playset or something similar. I'm just humbled by the level of detail and parts usage on this one. It is absolutely brilliantly executed.

I second this!
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby NimbusAConflict » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 pm

THOSE ROCKET NOZZLES!
I have been scrambling to locate those. Please tell me you know the part name or number for those things.
please please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease~

... Ok, spasm over. Excellent shuttle dood!
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm

I seriously thought that was an official set at first and I was all like, "man I need to buy that for a station!" Bravo sir, bravo indeed.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
Master Solar Union/Federation Fleet Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby wintermute » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Nimbus: The small nozzles are a megabloks part and quite common I believe. The big one is from the same BTR set as the shuttle fuselage parts. I have no idea of parts numbers or anything like that. Also fair warning: I did dremel off a chunk of the two parts towards the back of the shuttle to remove the Autobot symbols and make the parts work for my purposes.

Everybody else: Thanks for the praise guys! Always nice to hear those who actually game with this stuff appreciate it. And having peeps think the stuff isn't lego is the best kind of flattery. I was definitely going for an eighties playset type vibe with this guy and glad it shows through the brick.
wintermute
Newcomer

Postby NimbusAConflict » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Ah ha, so that's where i got those back in the day. Lego needs to seriously duplicate those.
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/
When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Vehicle Designs