Hellhound

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Hellhound

Postby MittenNinja » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Image

The Hellhound, a one of a kind frame used by the Hellraisers.
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
User avatar
MittenNinja
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm
Location: St Paul, MN

Re: Hellhound

Postby Ced23Ric » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh no you didn't. Did you really just exploit the 45° angle of the weird card 2x2? Because I think you did. You hound*.


* C WUT I DID THAR?!
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
User avatar
Ced23Ric
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Hellhound

Postby calculus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Nice.
calculus
Talkative
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 am

Re: Hellhound

Postby MittenNinja » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Ced23Ric wrote:Oh no you didn't. Did you really just exploit the 45° angle of the weird card 2x2? Because I think you did. You hound*.

I did! It's a really slick connection that I think needs to be utilized more.

* C WUT I DID THAR?!

Image
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
User avatar
MittenNinja
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm
Location: St Paul, MN

Re: Hellhound

Postby shrimplor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Very nice! I love this frame, as it has a much different silhouette than most others that I've seen.
User avatar
shrimplor
Chatty
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: Hillsdale, NY, USA

Re: Hellhound

Postby Mantisking » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 am

Are the mis-matched arms intentional?
User avatar
Mantisking
Mod Team
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Framingham, MA, U.S.A.

Re: Hellhound

Postby Ced23Ric » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am

It seems like one is a preinstalled weapon, the other a manipulator.
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
User avatar
Ced23Ric
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Hellhound

Postby MittenNinja » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 am

Mantisking wrote:Are the mis-matched arms intentional?


Yep, totally intentional.

Ced23Ric wrote:It seems like one is a preinstalled weapon, the other a manipulator.


You are correct sir.
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
User avatar
MittenNinja
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm
Location: St Paul, MN

Re: Hellhound

Postby CrimsonKMR » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 am

This frame is pretty amazing
User avatar
CrimsonKMR
Talkative
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Hellhound

Postby randolph » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 pm

I <3 this thing.

Hm, there's no smiley for <3, so I guess I'll d6Rd this thing instead <_<
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Hellhound

Postby MittenNinja » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:27 am

CrimsonKMR wrote:This frame is pretty amazing


my biggest gripe with this frame is how fragile it is. it seems like whenever I want to adjust anything the torso falls apart, which is rather unfortunate.
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
User avatar
MittenNinja
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm
Location: St Paul, MN

Re: Hellhound

Postby randolph » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:42 am

MittenNinja wrote:my biggest gripe with this frame is how fragile it is. it seems like whenever I want to adjust anything the torso falls apart, which is rather unfortunate.

Some of my stuff is like that too (though none of it looks as good as yours), so I have a feeling frame designs end up falling into two general buckets: stuff that you can play MFZ with, and stuff that looks great but is too fragile to actually use so you take a few photos and move on.

In a few cases, I can't really tell if it's "this construction puts too much strain on joints that just aren't up to the task" or "these used parts from Bricklink are just slightly too loose for the job."
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Hellhound

Postby MittenNinja » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 am

randolph wrote:
MittenNinja wrote:my biggest gripe with this frame is how fragile it is. it seems like whenever I want to adjust anything the torso falls apart, which is rather unfortunate.

Some of my stuff is like that too (though none of it looks as good as yours), so I have a feeling frame designs end up falling into two general buckets: stuff that you can play MFZ with, and stuff that looks great but is too fragile to actually use so you take a few photos and move on.

In a few cases, I can't really tell if it's "this construction puts too much strain on joints that just aren't up to the task" or "these used parts from Bricklink are just slightly too loose for the job."


very true. so far I've been lucky enough that most of my designs are pretty durable. this one just didn't make that cut.
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
User avatar
MittenNinja
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:38 pm
Location: St Paul, MN


Return to Frame Designs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests