Etha Cah - Hidden Guard

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Etha Cah - Hidden Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:33 am

Unit Name: Etha Cah - Hidden Guard
Planet Name: None (Unit found throughout Ijad space)
Background: Stealthy Defenders (see below)
Main Environment: Mainly Forest / Jungle

This Unit was mainly tablescrap. Kinda went for a buggy, orchid mantis look. I wanted to try and make something look kinda dainty, yet deadly, with a little bit of cute.

Backstory:
Ambush is their main strategy. Often stationed where it appears an area is lightly guarded, waiting for any unsuspecting intruder. Mainly deployed in dense forest or jungle, however capable of being effective in virtually any environment. Equipped with light bending technology they strike hard and fast. Being precise and deadly, often a battle is over before it has really begun.

Mid range:
ImageEtha Cah - Mid range by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Close range: w/ Scything Talons
ImageEtha Cah - Close range by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Artillery
ImageEtha Cah - Artillery by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

This is one of several units that I've been meaning to post here, but have not got around to it. I hope you enjoy and as always appreciate any C and C :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Etha Cah - Hidden Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:13 am

KungFujiApple wrote:
This Unit was mainly tablescrap. Kinda went for a buggy, orchid mantis look. I wanted to try and make something look kinda dainty, yet deadly, with a little bit of cute. ...

How about a LOT of Cute? :lol:
These are adorable! It's a real shame that I don't have those colors or else I would totally make my own company of these. Although they do remind me of the CRAI from your older Orange Squadron post. I think it's because of the legs. The Artillery one especially should get high praise.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 am

Nailing the insectoid look with those, really nice!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:54 am

Artasid wrote:These are adorable! ... Although they do remind me of the CRAI from your older Orange Squadron post.
lol, thanks ^^. Yeah these builds are a variation of the CRAI design, especially the artillery version. I've been meaning to make a backstory of how the CRAI design specs were secretly sold to the Ijad, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Ahh time, never enough. :lol:

VitorFaria wrote:Nailing the insectoid look with those, really nice!
Thanks :). Because of color I initially went for the orchid mantis look, but because of pieces, ended up with a more of a leaf hopper look :lol:
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Trokodile » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm

I love both this design and your new avatar. The frame is so simple and I think it would be a good budget build for new players. With only one or two standard polybags, I could probably make one, since it uses a lot of common pieces found in polybags.
As of August 30, 2019, I have 13 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:05 am

lol, thanks for the compliments on both these designs and the new avatar ^^. I definitely went for a simple, parts effective design, especially since these were made from mostly what I had available at the time.
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm

i lik these colors. pops very much
SamSam
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs