Lacertilian

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Lacertilian

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 pm

The Lacertilian is an archetypal Phellutian frame, descended from the frames of the explorers that first touched down on the planet's surface. With it's long production run and widespread usage, some consider it a Phellutian chub.
The Lacertilian is a lightly specialized jack of all trades: stable, dependable and repairable, yet with a focus on agility. Despite their lack of heavy armor, Lacertilians are formidable forces in battle. They may not have the strength of a repurposed labor frame, but legends tell of Lacertilians taking impossibly high damage only to stand back up again, step out of the dust and hold together long enough to emerge victorious. With a wide range of movement and intuitive controls, Lacertilians are some of the most mobile of frames, and it is this quality that has established their prevalence in the Phellutian frame racing world.
ImageLacertilian Systemless by Aardvark17_, on Flickr

Image"Lacertilian" by Aardvark17_, on Flickr

ImageLacertilian - Rear view by Aardvark17_, on Flickr
Loadout
d6Rd d6Rd Direct Fire Handgun
d6G Back mounted Jumpjet module powered by an Ion Drive Ring

This hangar post should have come a week ago, forgive me hangar police!
Building instructions thanks to Stud.io 2.0's new feature: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18V9eBFu2vFkY8QRKKqj3OAZ-Z_vEdRKg
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Re: Lacertilian

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:30 am

You are more than forgiven, my friend!

This is absolutely awesome!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Francisco Duarte » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:34 am

This design is simply amazing, and not really hard to emulate it seems.

Great job!
Francisco Duarte
Chatty

Postby SamSam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 am

looks neat but cuious if it holds well. think it would com apart easily at waist
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 pm

If you were to try to describe those feet to me, I'd say there was no way that they'd look good.

But it looks great. Well done.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:23 pm

VitorFaria wrote:This is absolutely awesome!

Thank you so much Vitor, glad you like it!
Francisco Duarte wrote:This design is simply amazing, and not really hard to emulate it seems.

Great job!

Thanks! This one turned out fairly cheap and it's not too complex or dependant on really rare parts. Stud.io's price naming says it would be $3.715 for the base frame, which is really good, especially compared to the approximately $10 for a Budgie.
The only things holding me back from building tons more are the taps, padlocks, and the funky hilt parts in the arms. You could replace those with taps, but I'm low on those already.
SamSam wrote:looks neat but cuious if it holds well. think it would com apart easily at waist

It's actually really stable. The clutch in that clip connection holds tightly and will not come apart easily. It does bend at the waist, though it's held at a good spot by the two cheese slopes it rests on, so it can't bend back, only forwards when you apply a lot of pressure to the very front of the head. For the most part, though, it holds and is very usable.
Luke_BMM wrote:If you were to try to describe those feet to me, I'd say there was no way that they'd look good.

But it looks great. Well done.

Haha, I can definitely see where you're coming from! Having the legs start out perpendicular seems like an odd choice, but that waist connection and the legs are what I love most about this one! It's very distinct.

Anyways, thanks so much everyone! :D
Hopefully I can make some more soon
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby McKelvie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:59 am

Yeah, I use those padlocks on waist joints a lot and they're a really snug fit.

Looks great!
McKelvie
Chatty

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 am

You produce yet another frame with endless customization and an overall balanced style. I can't wait to see what you add to it!
SuspendedAnimation
Chatty

Return to Frame Designs