MMMIG: "HENSHIN YO!!" Edition

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

MMMIG: "HENSHIN YO!!" Edition

Postby phayze81 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Normally, I don't like to make a big deal out of this, but March is my birthmonth ("Well, Junebug, I prefer the word 'experienced.'"), and so I'm going to have to ask you to indulge me (well, a little more than usual, I mean) because this month our challenge is going to be something technically challenging, exceedingly impractical, and hella rad.

Yeah, that's right, we're building TRANSFORMING FRAMES!!

Source

Source

Source

Source

I know it's "traditional" (and likely the closest thing we'll ever get to "practical"), but don't feel compelled to make a humanoid/airplane frame - feel free to branch out and get weird with the alt modes. Tank/Bird? Quad/Submarine? Chicken Walker/Quad Copter? Helicopter/spider? I don't know, I'm just throwing out inspiration, and by now we all know that that can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Now go build something!

Previous Threads here:
phayze81
Talkative

Re: MMMIG: "HENSHIN YO!!" Edition

Postby Artasid » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:31 am

I've actually made some transforming frames before. The first 2 I share here I have already posted somewhere else (In my random's thread I think, it's been so long) But I'm sure you won't mind if I give them another chance in the spotlight:

Jet Green was my First transforming frame. Yes, it has a jet mode, but since it was my first successful build I was happy with it

ImageJet Green Frame mode
ImageJet Green Flight mode

This next one was actually based off Chris Maddison’s Pumpkin Robot, but since I did not have the right pieces in Orange, I kinda made my own theme to it.
ImageIjad Shell Frame Mode
ImageIjad Shell Pod Mode

This last one I have made just recently for this challenge. It is no where NEAR as good as my previous builds, but I liked it. I was actually inspired by M1NDxBEND3ER's YouTube video of his Ultracon build, which lead to this: FRANK! (Part Frame, Part Tank)
ImageFrank Frame mode
ImageFrank Tank mode.

And as a side note, all three builds are able to be transformed without removing any parts with the exception of Jet Greens rifle.
Hope you enjoyed 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby phayze81 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Awesome - All of these are really great! Frank's tank mode reminds me of Barrelion from super robot wars. ^^
phayze81
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:59 am

Those are all really awesome mate! :)
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs