Mobile Core System Mini - Mk II

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Mobile Core System Mini - Mk II

Postby phayze81 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 pm

ImageMCSm Mk II - Inner Frame by J Dennis, on Flickr

I'll fluff this when I get a completed frame built on it (80% there!), But I'm pretty excited about the inner frame already and wanted to share it. Specifics are in the Flickr description, but I assure you it's a step up from the MCSm that can be found in the 2017 Instructions Compilation!
phayze81
Talkative

Re: Mobile Core System Mini - Mk II

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:49 am

Interesting variation on it, I hope ball with bar and padlock parts get more common in the future so I can get some of those built.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Mobile Core System Mini - Mk II

Postby phayze81 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:28 pm

I feel like it's a big step forward on the legs (no pun intended...), But I'm still not sure that I'm completely sold on the arms. We'll see if I can come up with something better in time.

I agree, the biggest problem with it is the need for semi-rare parts. All of my padlocks and ballshafts are from bricklink, so I know it's not easy to reproduce. It's possible to replace the ballshafts with clipshafts (can't think of the proper name ><) to make it a little easier. You lose a little ROM, but not enough to hurt much.
phayze81
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs