The Black Opal

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Black Opal

Postby Atavism » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Reworking the classics has come up a few times lately, and I thought I'd try my hand at a few. I tried to get some of the feel of each of them without cribbing much architecture, its up for you to decide if it comes through or not. Either way, I hope you enjoy them!

Group Shot:

Gunbun Superheavy- This started out being the Chub redux, but I stole some legs from A. Yates' estimable "Gunbunny" and it kind of just became a super-fat one of those...

Shrike- The Osprey, based off of much the same architecture as the preceeding frame, but with a slimmer design and some Zerovirus inspired (non)feet.

High Leg- The Hi-Leg. Didn't feel like getting clever with the name.

Voenkom- A Commissar, This one probably got closes to using the original pattern.

Scurrier- Scrambler. I really couldn't decide if it should have gotten a head or not. Now that I took a picture I'm not going back to see. :lol:

Extraction Point (Station) I just wanted to play with the little people some more. "The Black Opal" are probably the bad guys.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Re: The Black Opal

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Extraction point is actually a really good idea.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Those are all really nice and fill each intended niche quite well!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:40 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Those are all really nice and fill each intended niche quite well!

Thank you Vitor!

Shades_Corvid wrote:Extraction point is actually a really good idea.

I thought so too! :D I need to play around with other versions of the concept.
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 am

These all look simple, clean, and just beautiful. The color coordination with each frame is just remarkable. Big fan of the Scurrier-Scrambler. Totally loving this unit. :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby phayze81 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 am

Sweet! The frames are amazing, and I really love those weapons - using different colored trans pieces for each and a lot of character.
phayze81
Chatty

Postby Atavism » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:These all look simple, clean, and just beautiful. The color coordination with each frame is just remarkable. Big fan of the Scurrier-Scrambler. Totally loving this unit. :)

Thanks KungFujiApple! The scrambler mod definitely turned out better than I expected, honestly.

phayze81 wrote:Sweet! The frames are amazing, and I really love those weapons - using different colored trans pieces for each and a lot of character.

Thanks! I've always been a fan of big fat energy blades, those new pyramid pieces have really been a boon.
Atavism
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs