The Ending Rest

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Ending Rest

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:47 am

Unit Name: The Ending Rest
Planet Name: Guldeh (Founding Planet)
Background: (See Below)
Main Environment: Frame dynamic and design makes it capable of dealing in almost any kind of environment or terrain

This frame design was made to be a little "creepy" :lol:

Sales pitch said in a Vincent Price tone of voice:

"Why Hello. Thank you for taking interest in this most special kind of frame. This Frame is designed for those who have been mortally injured and who still want to participate on the battlefield.

The Living Ghoul frame, or LG57 is composed of a sustainable life support system that permenantly houses the injured pilot. It is manned and operated by neural technology, linking directly into the pilots neural pathways by way of the spine. The frame therefore can be operated should the pilot not have use of one or more of their limbs. This technology however has not been perfected and certain...mishaps have occurred.

With that being addressed, this frame provides those who want to continue to fight to have a second chance. Proving that once your down, your not out... Or perhaps better said: 'you can indeed rise from the grave', mwhahahaha!
"

The Ending Rest is the first Frame unit made up entirely of LG57s:

Close Combat:
Image.
LG - 57 Close Range (front) 1
by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Image.
LG - 57 Close Range (side) 2

Midrange:
Image.
LG - 57 Mid Range (side)
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Ending Rest

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:55 am

Artillery:
Image.
LG - 57 Artillery (front)

Image.
LG - 57 Artillery (side)

Group:
Image.
The Ending Rest Group Shot

"For those who want to keep the fighting spirit of their warriors alive, then your Frame company should not be with out one. Order yours today... Or it will come back to haunt you, Mhwahahahahaha!"

Lol, hope you enjoy, as always any suggestions or comments are appreciated :)
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri May 11, 2018 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 am

I really like these and I hate the fact that I don't have the battledroid arms to recreate these. With Halloween fast approaching, I would not want to be stuck in a dark alley with any of these frames. lol :lol:
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Capes on a frame - genius!
These look really cool, nice and spindly and spiky with really interesting limbs and frame construction. I'm feeling Artasid's sentiments :D
My only gripe would be that they don't appear to have very much cockpit space, but based on the way they are controlled and depending on the injury it would make sense.
Very nice!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Raedien » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Ah yes...I see you are a man of taste as well.

Image[/quote]

More pics of that in the flickr album it's connected to, enjoy!
Raedien
Chatty

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:11 am

Awesome!

Aardvark17 wrote:My only gripe would be that they don't appear to have very much cockpit space, but based on the way they are controlled and depending on the injury it would make sense.
Very nice!

Nice catch, I was about to comment on that!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:00 pm

These are creepy in all the right ways! Love the spindly, jagged shaping you've got going on here! Those capes were a very nice touch to fill out the body without adding any extra bulk.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:10 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Awesome!

Aardvark17 wrote:My only gripe would be that they don't appear to have very much cockpit space, but based on the way they are controlled and depending on the injury it would make sense.
Very nice!

Nice catch, I was about to comment on that!

"Oh hello again, Mwhahahaha. Why thank you for brining that to our attention. You see these frames displayed here were our beta test frames. Initially designed and tested with those who were....less intact. Therefore their cockpit area is in need of minimal space. I can assure all buyers that whatever needs and sizes their reborn champion requires shall be met."

Lol, on a more realistic note, I am glad that both of you mentioned that because, funny enough that's actually my biggest gripe too. That and the size of the frame was just a little too large to be effective in cover for a game. While I was building and came up with the body, I just liked the 'skeletal' look of the frame. However lacking a cockpit seemed to be a serious flaw, at least for a piloted frame. I could have said that they were unmanned drone frames, but I thought a sealed frame housing a fatally injured pilot, not unlike Vader, would add a little more to the creepy factor. So I figured the pilot or what's left of them, is squeezed, ahem, sorry "sealed" just behind the eyeglass.

If included in any future builds I'd like address both of those design issues. But in the meantime I hope you enjoyed and I hope it inspired. Also, if anyone comes up with a remodeled version that has a larger cockpit and is more efficient for cover size, I'd love to see it :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs