Jerboa Company: The Muskrats

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Jerboa Company: The Muskrats

Postby Artasid » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Some of us may remember the classic frame designs from yesteryears such as the Fat Snake ST-08, The Betty-Sue G29 or even the Rumble Monkey. These frames, plus a whole lot more, can be found here (Frame Library of 2014). I bring this up because lately I feel that some of these older designs have either been forgotten or overlooked. And one frame that I have always liked was the Jerboa by Mraichelson. It's such a uniquely designed frame that uses a lot of common pieces to build. In my opinion, I feel it should be as an iconic frame as the Chub for Mobile Frame Zero, along with many others listed in the prementioned Library.

So I decided to build an all Jerboa company that I have named: The Muskrats.
(And yes, I am aware of the same Dark red/black color theme that have appeared on a lot of my other frames lately. Some times I regret getting over 100 copies of the Batman in Phantom Zone polybag, but as I said before, I believe it holds some of the best parts for frames)

ImageJerboa Company: Muskrats

ImageJerboa Soldiers
Soldiers: d6Rd d6Rd Cannon, d6B Flare Tube, d6Y Radar Dish, d6G Leg Jumpers, d8Rr Leg-mounted SSR

ImageJerboa Spot & Shot
Spot: d6B Flare Tubes, d6Y d6Y Dual Radar Dish's, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
Shot: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Missile Boxes, d6Y Radar Dish, d6Y Radio Antenna

As a bonus, I even made a Jerboa using Mixel Joints for the legs in case there is anyone who is lacking in certain parts. Yes, I am aware that it gives the frame a bit of a wider stance, but not so much that it removes the charm of this underappreciated frame lol
ImageJerboa MJ
MJ: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Cannons, d6Y Tail Antenna, d6G Leg jumpers

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Jerboa Company: The Muskrats

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Haha, amazing to see someone breathing new live into the Jerboa, such a charismatic design!

Artasid wrote:Some times I regret getting over 100 copies of the Batman in Phantom Zone polybag...

Wait, what? :shock:
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Haha, amazing to see someone breathing new live into the Jerboa, such a charismatic design!

Artasid wrote:Some times I regret getting over 100 copies of the Batman in Phantom Zone polybag...

ImageBatman Forever...Tub?

It's true...

I think I need some professional help... hmm, a butler, a maid and a chief should do
lololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Artasid wrote:
VitorFaria wrote:Haha, amazing to see someone breathing new live into the Jerboa, such a charismatic design!

ImageBatman Forever...Tub?

It's true...

I think I need some professional help... hmm, a butler, a maid and a chief should do
lololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should hand those out at Halloween!

Srsly tho, this one was one of my favorite legs designs. Love what you've done with it!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Wait, actually over 100?
daaaang
Handing out Batmans would actually be awesome. If I got one of those for Halloween as a kid I'd be so happy (maybe in a bag though so it doesn't get gross)
Anyway, about the actual frames. I just found out about the Jerboa thanks to you. They're awesome! It's always nice to hear about classic frames, especially since I most often don't know about them beforehand! These look great with a nice balance of black and dark red. I should build some Jerboa's myself... (As he adds to the growing list of "I should" builds)
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Aardvark17 wrote: I should build some Jerboa's myself... (As he adds to the growing list of "I should" builds)

Preaching to the choir! Its a bittersweet monster that only grows.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 pm

over 100? That's too many.
Question though, you say that Mr.Aichelson made the Jerba. Don't you need to ask fistrt if its ok before you make someone elses robot?
SamSam
Young Gun

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:35 am

SamSam wrote:over 100? That's too many.
Question though, you say that Mr.Aichelson made the Jerba. Don't you need to ask fistrt if its ok before you make someone elses robot?

Usually no one has a problem if you use part or even all of their design in your own, just be sure to give credit where credit is due. You'll find lots of designs on the site that are inspired by, borrow from, or out right copy others. Vitor Faria's new Mobile Core Bandit is a combination of two different frames (Mobile Core Mini by Phayze and the Bandit by Aardvark), my Chubdams are customized versions of Soren Robert's Chub, etc etc.

Our community is very understanding, and even encouraging when it comes to taking inspiration from others, so feel free to do the same SamSam!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:48 am

SamSam wrote:over 100? That's too many.

So long as you pay credit to the original designer, like as Hydromancer stated, then it's not normally an issue.

I've decided to make another Jerboa frame, this time instead of destruction, it's meant for Construction

ImageLabor Jerboa
Labor Jerboa: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Lifter-Loaders and Drill Tail, d6Y d6Y Multi Work Lights, d8G No ranged weaponry.

I will say again, I had forgotten how simple this frame is, but at the same time how versatile it is as well. Hope you enjoyed.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

Just wanted to say way to bring back some of the old school frames. Many of the frames from the "era" had such an awesome style, and skill that went into it, it's great to see homage being paid. Great troupe you got going on there.

And wow 100! I feel like saying that in the Vegeta "it's over 9,000!" Voice.

Also great construction Jerboa Frame. It's cool to see frames out there that are designed after what the frames were originally made for. Great Job :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs