Principality of Neutral Dnieperland

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Principality of Neutral Dnieperland

Postby Atavism » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Did frames exist in Pre-Solar Calendar days? Maybe? Probably! Historians disagree on what qualified as the first frame, be it Archimedes' (mythical?) "Colossus of Sparta" or Eli Whitney's unnamed and un-patented harvest-man. What they do agree upon, is that they changed the face of war forever!

There was a time before the Trans-European Hegemony when the subcontinent was an almost incomprehensible mosaic of warring states. Borders shifted constantly as nations flickered into and out of existence. Revolutions, coups, and conquest all threatened stability of civilization itself.

Here, preserved surprisingly well thanks to finds from an ancient bunker, are some of the forces deployed by Neutral Dnieperland. Once Greater Dnieperland, the monarchy found themselves trapped in an escalating civil war between Fascist and Communist parties within their kingdom. Having seen the results of such unrest in France and Russia, the royal family of Dnieperland did the sensible thing- they raided the state's treasury along with the very pro-monarchy army and fled to the mountains. There they established the microstate of Neutral Dnieperland, which lasted a surprisingly long time on a diet of foreign investment and occasional mercenary employment.

B1-rB Tank Walker

B2-rB Tank Walker

G0-r1 "Schwiegermutter"

"Slepnir" Mobile Artillery Platform

Hardsuits
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Principality of Neutral Dnieperland

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Hangar Police is pleased!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
These are just...
Wow. Nuff said.
I am especially interested in the Slepnir. It looks like a Twank on steroids. lol
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 am

VitorFaria wrote:Hangar Police is pleased!

Just trying to avoid a citation, Officer. ;)

Artasid wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
These are just...
Wow. Nuff said.
I am especially interested in the Slepnir. It looks like a Twank on steroids. lol

Glad you like 'em! :D

And the Slepnir is pretty much a 'roided out Twank, or at least it uses almost all the same architectural tricks but for better legs.
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Howd you get those black eyes on those bricks? did you paoint them or what? I only ask cuz they are cute and I want some
SamSam
Young Gun

Postby Atavism » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:23 am

They are a legit piece. They are reindeer faces from the Santa's Workshop set a few years ago.
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 am

:shock: Wow! These are amazing! I mean out of the ballpark amazing! I love each one of these designs. There is some serious craftsmanship in all of these.

The Tank Walker: The angled cannon is gorgeous, the legs and body style, superb!
B2-rB: What can be said, I'm speechless, those are the coolest legs and feet, the body style and color coordination, fantastic
G0-r1: This looks tough, solid, you don't want to mess with it. the way you designed it is just superb, it comes together so well, and is such a rocking design
Slepnir: Awesome, just so cool, it does resemble a 'roiled out Twank, and turns out that looks fantastic, also love the hint of contrasting green in the "eye".
Hard suits: Are just stunning...stunning.

What amazes me is that all of these have a simple yet realistic look to them. I view that as being one of the hardest things to do with Lego designs, the smaller it is, the more simple it is, the harder to make it detailed and realistic. You, have mastered that. You have been able to construct a piece that, in itself is relatively small, yet the detail, and significant amount of craftsmanship that goes into them, continues to amaze me. These are works of art.

This is some of the top work I have seen yet in the community, right up there with the greats in my opinion. Stellar Job! I look forward to what comes next. :D

Would love to see these and the Iron Walkers on the battle field together. ;)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Atavism » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 pm

KungFujiApple wrote: Quite a bit more than I bothered to say about them, myself!

Thank you so very much. I am of course glad to impress, and I appreciate you leaving me such a detailed (and of course, glowing) review!

As for your Iron Walkers, I actually kind of want to take a swing at some sort of super-Heinrich for these guys, we'll have to see what I actually get around to though! :?
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Introducing the forces of the Dnieperlander Royal Lifeguard, sworn to protect His Majesty the King and all Rightful Decendants of the Royal Line! Recognized by their fashionable capes and their exclusive dark red uniforms, the Lifeguard represent the best and most loyal of the Dnieperlander military!

Ser Alexandross of Arhammer

Light Fencer Armor

Artillery Walker (Special Thanks to Valtarshol for a lot of the architecture in this thing's chassis)

Scout Jeep
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:49 am

Man..... I don't know where to start :D

Suberb! Very clean and smooth design, with detail. The pilots with the mustache, and oversized hats are pure genius and are the cherry on top of the whole feel, concept, and design. The blend of colors with the way you included the one dark red side with the gold is magnificent. That scout jeep is so cool. Really cool use of pieces for the "smoke" too. The more I look at it the more I think what a amazingly awesome collection of frames this forum has. Again, some of my favorite work from you. Keep it up! :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Atavism » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Thank you again KFA! I appreciate the enthusiastic feedback!
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 am

And I appreciate your amazing work :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs