The Verge

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

The Verge

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:50 am

Unit Name: The Verge
Planet Name: Satellite 5 of Sector 43
Background: Exploratory Mining Unit (see below)
Environment: Vast Areas of Mineral Wasteland, and Pockets of Dense Forest

Two reconditioned Exploratory Frames:
ImageReconditioned Exploritory Frame by KungFujiApple, on Flickr
Energy pistol d6Rd
Shield d6B
Feet jets d6G
Shoulder sensory spike d6Y

Reconditioned Sniper Frame:
ImageReconditioned Sniper Frame by KungFujiApple, on Flickr
Sniper rifle d6Ra
Rifle scope d6Y
Optic sensor d6Y
Mech legs d6G

Reconditioned Gatherer Frame:
ImageReconditioned Gather Frame with Wheeled Feet and Missile Box by KungFujiApple, on Flickr
Missile box d6Ra d6Ra
Wheeled legs d6G d6G
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Verge

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am

Reconditioned Scouting Frame:
ImageReconditioned Scouting Frame by KungFujiApple, on Flickr
ImageReconditioned Scouting Frame by KungFujiApple, on Flickr
Power Lance d6Rh d6Rh
Jet thrusters d6G d6G
No ranged d8G

Group shot:
ImageGroup shot of the Verge by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

Back story:

Unlike the Darkstar Project, which is a strike force designed to quickly defend and protect the mining operation on the planet Venus, the Verge frames were originally designed for planetary exploration. Their energy pistols were for cutting rock and minerals as samples. A wheeled loader frame was designed as a gatherer. And a scouting frame was to survey the area.

While based on a undiscovered planet for a mining expedition, civil war erupted on their home planet. Very quickly their exploration operation became of little importance. However, intregingly, their last reports were of mining a strange "crystallized energy".

One side fearing that these reports of this "crystallized energy" could be used against them, made a successful attempt to cut the "exploratory portal" (a small temporary wormhole used for one time back and forth travel).

The Verge would just be another casualty in this tragic war. Or so it would seem.....

See The Verge Sations

The Verge is the second main company that I made.

Hope you enjoy :) please feel free to leave any suggestions, ideas, or constructive criticism
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby -:subZ3RO:- » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Great looking company. All of the frames fit the aesthetic you're going for. I particularly like your gun and lance designs. Very nice
-:subZ3RO:-
Newcomer

Postby Atavism » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Those jets tho. Great work!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:25 pm

-:subZ3RO:- wrote:I particularly like your gun and lance designs.
Atavism wrote:Those jets tho.

Ditto. I'd like to see a picture of one without any Attachments if you have any.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Those are really nice looking, loving that white and I'm certainly stealing that shield!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:36 am

Thank you all very much :D Please feel free to use, combine, or improve on any designs. In fact, on almost all of my models, the torso is inspired by Mittenninja ex (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittennin ... 411198334/)

Mantisking wrote:
-:subZ3RO:- wrote:I particularly like your gun and lance designs.
Atavism wrote:Those jets tho.

Ditto. I'd like to see a picture of one without any Attachments if you have any.

Here's a mugshot of the gang :
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you would like any further breakdown, please feel free to ask :)
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:17 am

Didn't get around to saying it the first time, but these are straight up epic.
Well done.
It looks like I need to get some more of those T-pieces :D
Not sure what else I can say. Colors are awesome, head, torso and limb designs all look cool. and the weapons and attachments (Those jets!!) are super cool.
Great job!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am

KungFujiApple wrote:Thank you all very much :D Please feel free to use, combine, or improve on any designs. I fact, on almost all of my models, the torso is inspired by Mittenninja ex (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittennin ... 411198334/)

Ah, I thought they looked kinda familiar. The base for MittenNinja's frame was this.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Mantisking wrote:
KungFujiApple wrote:Thank you all very much :D Please feel free to use, combine, or improve on any designs. I fact, on almost all of my models, the torso is inspired by Mittenninja ex (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittennin ... 411198334/)

Ah, I thought they looked kinda familiar. The base for MittenNinja's frame was this.

Wow, the time stamp on the frame that was the base for MittenNinja is almost 10 years old! That's awesome! I personally think that's a really good design.

@ Aardvark17 thank you very much for the compliments:), those T-joint pieces are pretty useful. I probably use them a little to much, should really get around to trying the mixel joints.

A funny thing about the jets, they were originally designed as shoulder cannons, but it wasn't looking quite right on that frame, and as I was messing around with different angles that might look better, I flipped them around and thought, "man, they look better as booster jets." So that's how that's actually how I came up with the jet design...reversed shoulder cannons :lol:
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs