Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Fri May 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Here's a new Ijad frame for you all to gaze and bewilder upon! I present, the Ijad Gilgas!

ImageIjad Gilgas
Gilgas: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Twin Sting Beam Lasers, d6Y Floodlamp, d6Y Radar Antenna,

This one is a bit more detailed than some of my recent random frames as this one kept asking me for attention.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Tue May 14, 2019 1:28 am

Another pair of random Ijad frames: Ijad-Gnats. Sorry I don't have a backstory for these, I just like the overall shape.

ImageIjad-Gnats
WHITE/GOLD: d6Rh d6Rh Pincers, d6B d6B Hardened Carapace, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
BLUE: d6Rd d6Rd Beam Cannon, d6G External Power Cells, d6G Quad Mobility

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat May 25, 2019 8:06 pm

The Gray Death Infiltrator is a frame designed for infiltration missions and quick reinforcement scenarios. They have a wide variety of equipment to suit whatever the mission calls for. Easily airlifted by conventional air transports, the GDI can then use it's leg mounted jump jets to make safe landings in the midst of hostile zones. Many companies have been saved from destruction by the timely arrival of these reinforcements. One trooper was quoted that the GDI looked like 'metallic angels of vengeance, raining from the heavens to smite our foes.' However, to many on the opposite side of the conflicts, heavenly angels is not the words used to describe them.

ImageGray Death Infiltrator
GDI: d6Ra d6Ra Clip-Fed Mortar, d6B Riot Shield, d6Y Targeting Light, d6G Jump Jets

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Mon May 27, 2019 7:37 pm

I like the shield used, and I personally like the exposed studs. I feel it give the frame a much more military look.
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:22 am

If the Ghanat (Scrambler) is the Ijad basic combat ride, and the First Eye (Suzerain) is the field commander, then the Dhainglah (Wrangler) would be the Ijad version of a harasser unit. Often when one is spotted, it will attempt to lure its opponents into predetermined locations for entrapment and ambushes. Many have noted that the Dhainglah act in a way similar to that of ancient Terran herding dogs, or at times like a pack of wolves. Though the creature this frame is based off has been identified, it has been difficult to study because a live one has yet to be captured, and only observational note are available at the present time.

ImageIjad Dhainglahs
LEFT: d6Rd d6Rd Sting Laser, d6B Armor Plates, d6Y Targeting Scanner, d6G Tripod Mobility
RIGHT: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM's, d6Y Targeting Scanner, d6G Tripod Mobility

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm

I have momentarily stepped back into the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe to create this next beauty: the Legionnaire

ImageBT Legionnaire
Legionnaire: d6Ra d6Ra Rotary AC/5, d6B Endo Steel Chassis, d6Y Targeting Computer.

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 pm

That's a killer rotary, Artasid!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:43 pm

VitorFaria wrote:That's a killer rotary, Artasid!

Thanks VitorFaria. I've used the same design for many Gatling guns, autocannons and other various rotary weapons. It's a tried and true design in my opinion, though I believe Hydromancer was the first to use it as I got the idea from one of his builds.

Though I am familiar with the Pacific Rim franchise, I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of it. Yet. It took some reworking, but I think I came upon a decent representation of the Cherno Alpha Jaeger frame. I am well aware that it is the wrong color from the source material, but that is because I do not have the right colored parts, which seems to be all too common these days...

ImageCherno Alpha Jaeger
Cherno Alpha: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Megaton Knuckles, d6B d6B Hardened Armor Plates, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:57 am

That is one solid build. I Love it, it comes together so nicely :)
- My frames all in one place
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Oh, man, Cherno Alpha, it really takes me back, it was THE design that got me into building brick mecha, a couple years before I even knew what MF0 is!

Great take on it, all the important details are represented!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:19 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:That is one solid build. I Love it, it comes together so nicely :)

VitorFaria wrote:Oh, man, Cherno Alpha, it really takes me back, it was THE design that got me into building brick mecha, a couple years before I even knew what MF0 is!

Great take on it, all the important details are represented!

Thank you for the kind words you two. I'm still not familiar with Pacific Rim, as I've only seen the first movie, but the Cherno Alpha was the first of the Jaegers that caught my attention. I might do some more in the future, but at the moment, I am uncertain.

Here's 2 more Ijad inspired random frames you you all to gawk at. lol

ImageGongniu
Gongniu: d6Ra d6Ra LRM Box, d6B d6B Heavy Armor, d6Y Sensor Pod

ImageRun Away!
SpireSpine: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Multiple Cannons, d6Y Targeting Lights, d6Y Head Beacon

I hope you all enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT: I have been asked on my Flickr post on how to brick the Gongniu bull. Here is an LDD file for anyone interested. PLEASE NOTE that LDD considers one connection illegal. I was not able to connect the rear legs to the main body so I have left them floating next to where it connects. Let me know if you have any questions.
LDD Gongniu LDD
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:43 pm

Back into BattleTech/MechWarrior designs. This time, the Light mech Hollander! I like the fact that this mech relies solely on one BIG FARKIN gun. But at the same time, nothing says it can't be switched out from time to time, so I made one standard Hollander and one Modified one. Can you guess which is which? lol

ImageBT Hollanders MOD
WHITE: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Poland Main Model-A Gauss Rifle
BLACK: d6Rh d6Rh No Alloy Titanium Tooth Saw, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

If I had the parts I would like to make a custom company of these, but alas, that will have to wait.
As a bonus, I'll include an LDD file which includes both of these Hollanders for anyone interested in making their own.

LDD Hollanders MOD LDD

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:11 am

Love the legs and feet of the Gongniu, so simple yet conveys a "vertebrate style"quad really well!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:05 pm

I lik that beast one. what part yu use to give it a huch back? Not sur e what that is.

i like Hollaners to. can you make 1 with a SRM instead of gauss rilfe? that way you can have a Hollandr for each range
SamSam
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:58 am

That Chibi chub running away is hilariously awesome. But WOW! Your Gongniu build is amazing! Such a cool design :D
- My frames all in one place
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am

Artasid wrote:Image
Gongniu
Gongniu: d6Ra d6Ra LRM Box, d6B d6B Heavy Armor, d6Y Sensor Pod

How did I miss that the torso of this is Nexo Knights Battle Suit pieces? That is NPU.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:36 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Love the legs and feet of the Gongniu, so simple yet conveys a "vertebrate style"quad really well!

SamSam wrote:I lik that beast one...

KungFujiApple wrote:...But WOW! Your Gongniu build is amazing! Such a cool design :D

Mantisking wrote:How did I miss that the torso of this is Nexo Knights Battle Suit pieces? That is NPU.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was not expecting such praise for the Gongniu (Which is Chinese for 'Bull'). The Nexo Knight Battle torso is a difficult part to use, but knowing now how well it can be used, I would have gotten more than the one I only have.

SamSam wrote:...what part yu use to give it a huch back? Not sur e what that is...

As Mantisking pointed out, the main body of the Gongniu is from the torso part of a Nexo Knight Battle Suit (Axl's to be exact). They are a little hard to come by nowadays, but you might still find some at bargain bins.

SamSam wrote:...i like Hollaners to. can you make 1 with a SRM instead of gauss rilfe? that way you can have a Hollandr for each range

Wouldn't a SRM equipped Hollander be nothing more than a mimic Javelin? lol j/k
To be honest, I have been making a few variants using the Hollander design. These are NOT game ready as they only have 1 or 2 systems each, these are more like prototypes to see how versatile I can get with the design, which is an actual surprising amount.

ImageBT Hollander Variants
WHITE: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Poland Main Model-A Gauss Rifle
RED: d6Rd d6Rd Ultra Autocannon 10
ORANGE: d6Y C3 Relay, d6Y Targeting Acquisition Gear (TAG), d8G No Ranged Weaponry
BROWN: d6Rd d6Rd SRM2, d6B Anti-Missile System, d6B CASE
BLACK: d6Rh d6Rh No Alloy Titanium Tooth Saw, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:13 am

These next randoms are slightly modified versions of GolPlaysWithLego's SquidHead builds. I tweeked them a bit and gave them systems for MFZ play.

… I DARE YOU TO IGNORE THEIR CHIBI CUTENESS!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just kidding. But in all seriousness, they are chibi cute which is what got my attention.

ImageSquidHeads
WHITE: d6Rd d6Rd Sting Blasters, d6B Flare Tube, d6Y Antenna, d6G Quad Mobility
GREY: d6Y Antenna, d6G Grappling Launcher, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry.

The White one is an obvious Soldier, but the Grey one can either be a scout, or a rescue unit. I can just see it using those tiny manipulators to clear away rubble, or offering aid to a stranded individual. You decide.

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:49 am

What you've done with the legs on the white one is super rad, nice use of the inverted bow slope
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:14 pm

Indeed, those are some tooth plates put in good use!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs