Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Exactly 1 year ago today, I made a tablescrap random frame called the A07-Styltz. Some of you may remember (if not you can find it on page 2 of this thread). It had been sitting with my collection of random frames and until today, I only had the parts to make one.

So, for the anniversary of it's creation, I decided to build 2 more!

ImageA07-Styltz Trio
LEFT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Deployable Anti-Armor Claws, d6G Extended Stilts, d6G Underside Jump Jets, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
CENTER: d6Rh d6Rh Deployable Anti-Armor Claw, d6Y Radar Dish, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RIGHT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Deployable Anti-Armor Claws, d6B Pinpoint Deflector, d6Y Sonar Array, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

sigh... 40+ years of playing with LEGO's. Around $100 a month spent on pieces and orders, countless hours in front of laptop looking for build ideas... And I'd trade it all back
For a lousy...
Can of Raid.
LOL (not really though)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Inspired by KungFujiApple's Crippler frame design, I tweeked mine a bit to come up with something a bit different. Hope you enjoy

ImageStation-sitting
Frame: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Combat Rifles, d6Y Tracking Scope, d6G Reserved Power Pods
Station: Shielded Generator
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:51 pm

That's a really good mod! I like how you put the arms on, it gives it a real solid look. I'm inspired to try and make a similar style frame. Great job! :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:09 pm

In my BloodBrothers thread, KungFujiApple stated

KungFujiApple wrote:You really do some awesome stuff with the Lego Batman in the Phantom Zone set (I'm sure you have a dozen Lego Batman figures to back it up too :lol: )

Well KungFujiApple, I do in fact have a lot of Batman minifigs. though it's more likely in the 30's now :roll:

I don't remember where I saw it, but someone on this forum made a frame that used the Batman Cowl piece for part of their build, so I decided to try that myself. This is just a tablescrap and most likely won't see much of gameplay (if any) but it was a chance to use some Batman pieces without them just sitting in my minifig bin

ImageBatCrab Tablescrap
BatCrabs : d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual HtH systems. (One Spiked Gloves, second with Crush Hands), d6B Top Armor Plate, d6G Quad Legs, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments if any that you wish to share.

EDIT: But first, let's give a moment of silence for those brave Batman's who were willing to sacrifice their parts for our amusement. The real Batman was not harmed in th making of these frames
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Nicely done! "Table scrap" can yield some pretty cool stuff. And with over 30 mini figs you could make a unit and then some.

I think the person you may have been referring to was P.B. I coincidently came across this pic in a Lego mech group post: https://www.flickr.com/photos/126752671 ... 41114@N23/

Again great job and keep 'em coming :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:32 am

After seeing Blorf's Griffin in VitorFaria's Compilation Collection v4, I got to thinking that there are very few hover frames. So I decided to try and brick one myself. It ended up looking like a baby Griffin in my opinion, I mean lets face it, not much material to get inspired from when it involves hover frames, lol. But it's got enough of it's own uniqueness that it warrants sharing.

ImageSkiff
Skiff: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Shoulder Cannons, d6B Arm Shield, d6G Rear Directional Thrusters.
ImageSkiff Showboating
:roll: Showoff :roll:

As a bonus, for anyone interested, I'll also include a rendering and LDD file.

ImageSkiff Rendering

Skiff LDD

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments, if any, you wish to share as always.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am

Nice frame, for some reason I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to design any kind of hover frame. So props to you for sure. Love the punch shield (that's always been a really neat shield design). What draws my attention the most is the head and shoulders. Really like the bulkyness to it, makes it look tough, and the shoulder mounted rockets go along with it really well. Nice job :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am

Those remind me of that old hover mech from Virtual On, really nice!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:01 am

KungFujiApple wrote:Nice frame, for some reason I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to design any kind of hover frame. So props to you for sure. Love the punch shield (that's always been a really neat shield design). What draws my attention the most is the head and shoulders. Really like the bulkyness to it, makes it look tough, and the shoulder mounted rockets go along with it really well. Nice job :D

VitorFaria wrote:Those remind me of that old hover mech from Virtual On, really nice!

Thanks for the kind words guys. The hover skirt was perhaps the hardest to figure out. It needed to be aerodynamic but sturdy enough to support the rest of the frame. As I said before there is not a lot out there to spawn ideas from, so hopefully this will help inspire others.

Heres a new random for you all to gaze upon. I don't have a name for this one, and I might continue to tinker with it a bit more, but this seemed alright

ImageUnnamed Roller
Roller: d6B d6B Lots of Armor, d6Y Antenna Horns, d6G Rear Wheel Legs, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Hope you enjoyed and I am always eagerly awaiting any thoughts you may wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:30 am

That is a solid frame. It looks like it could just stampede through anything. Using large disks is also not a strong point of mine, so you've given my mind quite a bit to chew on for future builds. Looks very nice I like the color combo too. :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:02 pm

With Halloween approaching, I've been making a lot of black themed frames to match the coming holiday. Here's some of my newer ones. I don't really have a name for these so for the time being they are simply Jumbo Quads

ImageJumbo Quads
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Cannons, d6B Rear Deflector Plate, d6Y d6Y Dual Scanners
2: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Back & Belly Blasters, d6G d6G Dual Power Rods
3: d6B d6B Dual Deflector Plates, d6Y Heavy Scanner Array, d6G Belly Boosters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

But they are not as jumbo sized as you might think...

ImageJumbo...not so jumbo?

Hope you enjoyed and I anxiously await to hear all your comments.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Those certainly look beefy, almost like gorillas!
Really awesome frame design and nice use of parts. That leg connection in particular caught my eye.
I love the way the front "fists" have such a unique look.
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:Those certainly look beefy, almost like gorillas!
Really awesome frame design and nice use of parts. ...

These guys definitely look rough and tough. Nice job :D
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:59 am

Aardvark17 wrote:Those certainly look beefy, almost like gorillas!
Really awesome frame design and nice use of parts. That leg connection in particular caught my eye.

KungFujiApple wrote:These guys definitely look rough and tough. Nice job :D

Thanks guys. At first they were mostly a throwaway build, but I kinda liked the first one I built and decided to build 3 more.

Here's my newest random. This one's central core is actually weird. It's four motor pieces connected together in a diamond shape. It looked like an interesting core so I decided to build around it. This is the result.
ImageBaipasu
Baipasu: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Riot Shield, d6Y I.R. Scanner, d6G Rear Thrusters

ImageBaipasu rear
ImageBaipasu Unarmed

FYI to anyone interested, the word 'Baipasu' is Japanese for 'Bypass'. My reasoning behind this was that originally I was going to make this a fast recon/scout frame that could slip by or 'bypass' security, but the system loadout was difficult to match that theme so I gave it a simple Soldier loadout instead.

Hope you enjoyed. And as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Cake » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 am

Artasid wrote:Thanks guys. At first they were mostly a throwaway build, but I kinda liked the first one I built and decided to build 3 more.

Here's my newest random. This one's central core is actually weird. It's four motor pieces connected together in a diamond shape. It looked like an interesting core so I decided to build around it. This is the result.
Baipasu
Baipasu: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Riot Shield, d6Y I.R. Scanner, d6G Rear Thrusters

Baipasu rear
Baipasu Unarmed

FYI to anyone interested, the word 'Baipasu' is Japanese for 'Bypass'. My reasoning behind this was that originally I was going to make this a fast recon/scout frame that could slip by or 'bypass' security, but the system loadout was difficult to match that theme so I gave it a simple Soldier loadout instead.

Hope you enjoyed. And as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

It has a very avian feel, and looks like it should have wings - this would fit with the scout/recon role and its name.

I don't post very often, but I think it is about time I mentioned how much I enjoy looking at what you have built. Thanks for sharing all of these (and future builds).
Rooftop Racing Rules (Version 0.4.0) Version 0.5.0 coming soon, with some big changes.

CK Industries
CK-01 Hephaestus
CK-02 Artemis
Prototype Frames
CK-06 Aries
Cake
Talkative

Postby Blorf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 pm

Your skill as a builder continues to improve. I enjoy watching your progress.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 pm

I read that in a Palpatine voice...
Blorf, dark lord of the sith :D
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:I read that in a Palpatine voice...
Blorf, dark lord of the sith :D

During Pre-game deployment of frames, plays Star War's Imperial March.

lololololololol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:10 pm

That yellow one si cute. Could you show what it looks like naked? I dont know what a motor piece is
SamSam
Young Gun

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:38 am

SamSam wrote:That yellow one si cute. Could you show what it looks like naked? I dont know what a motor piece is

A motor piece is a piece that is used as a booster engine in a lot of the older (and a few newer) space sets. You might even find some in the current Star Wars sets. I've been getting a lot of mine from the Ninjago Quake mech polybag, but I digress.

As per your request, I hope this helps
ImageNaked Baipasu

That extra piece in front of the frame is a motor piece in case you didn't know what one looks like. The frame uses 4 connected in the center torso and uses 2 more for the arms.

EDIT:
I'll also include an LDD file for anyone interested
Baipasu LDD
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs