Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm

My latest randoms are not all that spectacular, but I like to share anyway.

First is Studzie!

ImageStudzie
Studzie: d6Rd d6Rd Cannon, d6B Chaff Tube, d6Y Antenna

When I saw Mark Sakura's LCF-04A Snapdragon, it reminded me of the few times I used Stud Shooters for frame construction on some of my earlier randoms. I decided to revisit that idea and I came up with this little guy.

I have no name for this next one, so I'm calling it Unnamed Loader Frame
ImageUnnamed Loader Frame
ULF: d6Rh d6Rh Weaponized Welder, d6Rd d6Rd Shooty Gun, d6B Arm Guard, d6Y Antenna

I can see some disgruntled labor worker hijacking this frame and using it to cause trouble in the local construction yard. Or maybe repurposed for a terrorist cell. You make the call.

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await your comments if any.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry I've been gone for awhile, the holiday season is keeping me pretty buisy, but I have had enough time to upload a new pair of randoms for you:

The Borer is a labor mining frame, meant to bore out minerals and ores which would then be harvested, collected, and transported back to supply much needed materials. However, several Free Colonists cells have take it upon themselves to hijack some of these frames and weaponized them to halt production of various mining operations run by the Solar Union.

ImageBorers
LEFT: d6Rd d6Rd Blast Cannon, d6B Leg Plate, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6G External Power Cells
RIGHT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Bore Drills, d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Missile Pods.

I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 pm

These are great
Not only is the shaping on point, it works great with the colors and weaponry (even if half of that is Batman in the Phantom Zone - it's awesome!)
And those drills are just the coolest things. I love the pieces, if you remember I used them similarly on a Bassbox mod, which was also a repurposed mining frame :)
(And now that I think of it, I also get some Comet vibes on this one)
Really superb work on this one, probably among my favorite of your Randoms
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:42 am

Aardvark17 wrote:These are great
Not only is the shaping on point, it works great with the colors and weaponry (even if half of that is Batman in the Phantom Zone - it's awesome!)
(And now that I think of it, I also get some Comet vibes on this one)
Really superb work on this one, probably among my favorite of your Randoms

Thank you Aardvark17. These guys were actually a bit of a mix-together. It does have some inspiration from your Comet frame, but traces of other great frames as well, like Omega Tahu's Stub, and Valtarshol's HR-106 Discharger. Plus it gave me a chance to use up more dark red lol :lol: :lol:

My brother actually requested this next random. He is not a fan of legos, or tabletop games, which is why this came to a total shock for me. He asked that I make a frame that specializes in boxing (His favorite sport). At the same time, it also gave me an opportunity to use my newly constructed DIY Lightbox, which is a total mess, but as long as it does what it's meant for then who cares? lololololol :lol: :lol:

ImageRing Master
R.M.: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Armored Gloves, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await your comments.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:03 am

No Top security prison is flawless. Prison riots, lax guards, and multiple escape attempts still plague our correctional facilities. Stricter guidelines have been enforced, but even they prove insufficient. More and more criminals still find ways to make it beyond the walls of our prisons and the populace ends up paying more in taxes to pay the increasing demands of law enforcement to seek out and return these escapees.
The Detainer is the newest in hover frame technology and is equipped with appropriate systems to hunt down and detain these criminals without the inconvenience's of gravity slowing them down,

ImageDetainer
ImageDetainer Rear
Detainer: d6Rh d6Rh Enforcer Staff, d6Y Multi-Spectral Scanner, d6G Leg Thrusters, d6G Rear Thrusters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

One of these frames is capable of performing the task of 10 standard guards. They are equipped with Enforcer Staffs to keep rabble-rousers in line. Should they have to pursue an escaping convict, the Detainer is also equipped with a multi spectral scanner to locate the individual, even if they're hiding behind several meters of concrete and steel. The Detainer's hovering propulsion systems make it more than fast enough to overtake nearly any speeding vehicle to ensure that no one successfully escapes. In an early deployment, a devoted warden deliberately crashed his Detainer into a fleeing hovertruck to stop the dangerous criminal that had hijacked it. By doing so, he prevented the criminal from recklessly endangering civilians on a busy highway.
Detainers are being deployed throughout the system as we speak. And if you are an incarcerated inmate, be warned. They WILL keep you detained.

END FLUFF

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await to hear your thoughts, if any.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am

The Ring Master setup and equipment would look really nice in a Bandit, might try that latter.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm

There has been some talk about creating frames that are a fusion of 2 or more previously posted frames, like mixing a Chub with a Scrambler, A Lockon with a Bandit, or Darters with Twanks. Some of these have been done already, and my next randoms are among those kinds of fusions.
I made some Quadmon legs, and I decided to give them the head/torsos of a Spring Jack, the result: the Desarmar, which is 'To Disarm' in Spanish

ImageDesarmar
LEFT: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Mortars, d6B Flare Tube, d6Y Antenna
RIGHT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Frame Saws, d6Y Antenna, d6G Leg Extensions, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I really really like how these turned out and I will be planning to make a full company of these once my current parts order arrives. Until then, I hope you enjoyed and I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments, questions, threats, insults, ideas, or thoughts you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 am

The Borer mining frames are great. The R.M. is awesome. Really like the Detainer and backstory. Desarmar are a really nice mix, really diggin those legs. Some really great work. :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:50 am

Awesome, are you going to make a write up for the challenge, Artasid?
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:15 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Awesome, are you going to make a write up for the challenge, Artasid?

To be honest, I was not planning on issuing the challenge myself, however, I think I might be able to come up with something ;)
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 pm

I meant the challenge I issued myself... You just made a repeated version of it...
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:57 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I meant the challenge I issued myself... You just made a repeated version of it...

Shoot! My bad, I'll have it removed. I am sorry about that.

EDIT: I have removed my Fusion Frame Challenge thread. No point in having 2 of the same challenge. Again, I apologize.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:26 am

Trying to make up for lost time. Holidays have been keeping me busy. Here's my newest random, with some nifty features:

The IBS Iron Battle Suit

ImageIBS Iron Battle Suit
IBS: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Bolters, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Antenna

As for it's features, it includes a multi opening cockpit/hatches. These will not effect gameplay, just a fun little extra I like to add every now and then.

ImageIBS systemless
ImageIBS Top Down
ImageHatches Open
ImageIBS with Chub

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments, questions concerns you wish to share.

EDIT:
A last minute addition to the Random Frames thread. A Turtle style Scrambler

ImageScrambler Type Turtle
Turtle Type: d6Rd d6Rd Stinger Cannon, d6B d6B Dual Countermeasure Launch Tubes, d6Y GPS Antenna.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 am

The C.F.K. is a Frame Killer that resembles a chicken. Not exact, but many that have seen it often remark about it's 'Chicken legs'. Lets hope you don't see this chicken crossing the road

ImageC.F.K. Chicken Frame Killer
Did you order Original Recipe...

OR EXTRA CRISPY?!?!?!?!?
ImageC.F.K. Fried!
C.F.K. d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Multiple Flamers, d6G Fuel Tanks, d6G Accelerant Units, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
:lol: :lol:

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await to hear any and all comments.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Man, I don't see the raw Ijad look like this in a while, great work with the scrambler turtle!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:44 am

The Srambler is pretty sweet looking. And I think the CFK is just ridiculously cool. It is simple but comes together so well, and the system add ons make it look even cooler. Would love to see a unit of these. :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:42 am

VitorFaria wrote:Man, I don't see the raw Ijad look like this in a while, great work with the scrambler turtle!

KungFujiApple wrote:The Srambler is pretty sweet looking.

Thanks guys, the Turtle Scrambler was actually a last minute build. Originally I was going to build an 8-legged frame, but too many of them kept getting in the way with each other. I decided to flip 4 of them over and that's when I realized to use the 4 extra legs as part of the shell. The Scrambler shape just grew from that. I'm glad you enjoyed.

RANDOM FRAME DUMP!!!

Here's a few randoms that I picked at during the holidays but never really had them finished until recently.

ImageDesarmar Plow
Plow: d6Rh d6Rh Rear Flamer, d6B Snow Plow, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

With the huge amount of snow we're getting in our area, I thought how cool it would be to have a frame walk by with a snow plow on the front to clear the white stuff away from the roads. I figured a Desarmar would do nicely. Even added a rear flamer to melt off any excess ice the plow couldn't scrape up.

ImageBlackhawk Type
Blackhawk Type: d6Rd d6Rd Guass Cannon, d6Y Scanner, d6G JumpJets

I wanted to build a MechWarrior BlackHawk for a while and this frame was inspired by that. I'm actually really happy how the legs turned out, but I'm still not sure about the rest. I'll fiddle with it some more maybe

ImageGreen Dragon Mini Mech SSC
Jerboa SSC: d6Rd d6Rd Blast Cannon, d6Y Searchlight, d6Y Antenna Spike

A while back, Aardvark17 made a Jade Strider SSC from the Polybag Ninjago Green Dragon Mech set 30428 (Jade Strider SSC Thread). I was really impressed with it. When I FINALLY got my own copy of set 30428, I wanted to try a SSC of my own and I somehow came up with a Jerboa type. I'm rather happy about this one.

Hope you all enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments, if any that you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 am

I am totally loving that plow, it's so cool! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:51 pm

These are great! The plow is really neat and I especially like how greebly the Blackhawk is. The green cockpit looks really good with the rest of the frame.
Artasid wrote:I was really impressed with it

Thanks man! Your Jerboa-type SSC looks great, interesting how differently the parts can be used for joints and such.
Lots of cool stuff here!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:10 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:I am totally loving that plow, it's so cool! :D

Aardvark17 wrote:These are great! The plow is really neat...

"Mr. Plow, that's my name. That name again is..." Actually it's not, but you get the idea. :lol: :lol:

The plow unit is really simple. What I like about it is that it allows for the Desarmar's 'eye' to peek between the arm bars. I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys it.

Here's another BattleTech/MechWarrior inspired frame, this one is based off the Jenner IIc

ImageJenner IIc Type
IIc Type: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM4s, d6Y Active Beagle Probe Unit, d6G Rear Jump Jets

Again, I wanted to focus on the legs (The upper part this time as opposed to the BlackHawks lower parts). I came up with some strange and unorthodox connections. I have not yet tried to see if Digial Designer will let me recreate it, but I plan to do so in the near future once the Holiday business has settled down.

Hope you Enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT:
Here's the LDD file. Apparently it was tricky, but I managed to recreate it. lol
Jenner Type LDD
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs