Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Blorf » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Next time I'll just say "you have done well".
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 am

Recently KungFujiApple posted a thread called The Iron Walkers ( Thread Link Here ) And in this thread, he posted some very good frames. The Helheim R63 is a particular favorite of mine, but I also noticed that the Heinrich S28 was getting some attention, so I decided to try to recreate it. However, I am lacking in the Battledroid arms used for the legs, and I do not have any mini fig skis for the feet, so I improvised

ImageHeinrich S28 remake variant attempt

I kinda like them, but feel they could also use some improvements. The way I constructed the legs however, drew my attention as it looked like a pair of pistons in each leg. I decided to make that the focal point of my next frames, which I call Pi-Legs (Piston Legs)

ImagePi-Leg 1
Pi-Leg1: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Arm Cannons, d6Y Radio Antenna, d6Y Tracking Beacon

ImagePi-Leg 2
Pi-Leg2: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Sniper Rifle & Mortars, d6B Armor Plate, d6G Foot Stabilizers

ImagePi-Leg 3
Pi-Leg3: d6Rh d6Rh Drill Sting Tail, d6Y d6Y Dual Sensor Arrays, d6G All-Terrain Treads, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

ImagePi-Leg 4
Pi-Leg4: d6Rh d6Rh Drill Sting Tail, d6B d6B Dual Armor Plates, d6G All-Terrain Treads, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

ImagePi-Leg 5
Pi-Leg5: d6Y d6Y Dual Sensor Arrays, d6G Jump Pack, d6G All-Terrain Treads, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I would have liked to have made them all the same color, but currently I lack the right color pieces to do so. Hopefully I will have that corrected soon.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am

I really love the feet on those last three! And that medium blue... oh yes
They look really good with those shields, the loadout of second white one is probably my favorite, looks wise.
Really nice job!
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am

Nice job employing the Heinrich legs on something completely different while still looking great!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:I really love the feet on those last three! And that medium blue... oh yes
They look really good with those shields, the loadout of second white one is probably my favorite, looks wise.
Really nice job!

VitorFaria wrote:Nice job employing the Heinrich legs on something completely different while still looking great!

Thank you for the praises guys. I've use this piston look before on a hth system for my Copperhead Chubs company, but until now, I have not used it for an actual frame. Plus it was a way to use up all those robo claws I've been stockpiling lol :lol:

For anyone interested, here's an LDD and rendering
Pi-Leg LDD

ImagePi-Leg Rendering
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 am

Using the same piston technique I used for the Pi-Legs' legs, I decided to try a more humanoid frame but also include the same look in the arms as well. I call these new ones: Piston Petes!

ImagePiston Petes with Chub
BLACK: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Armored Fists, d6Y d6Y Dual Tracking Dishs, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
WHITE: d6Rh d6Rh Sledgehammer, d6B Arm Guard, d6G Jet Pack, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I tried to get as much detail as I could so show on the black one, however of all the pics I took, this was the best, which is a shame because I with the armored fists, it looks almost gorilla like, while the white has a lumberjack feel to it. My apologies.
The piston limbs also made these frames pose-able

ImagePiston Petes P.O.ed

I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await your thoughts and comments if any that you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:43 am

I am just absolutely floored. My previous pic: Piston Petes P.O.ed has gotten 18 faves on Flickr! 18! I am shocked at this because until now, the highest fav pic I got was no higher than 7. THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :P

Here's my newest random for you all. It's mostly just a tablescrap and I might tinker with it some more, but I've been rather busy this month, so we'll see what happens. I currently have no name for this one but I am will to take suggestions if any one would like to share.

ImageUnnamed Random Frame
Random: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Armo Cannons, d6Y Radar, d6G Rear Thrusters.

Sorry that's all for today. Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:30 am

Just wanted to comment on the last couple of posts:

First I am very flattered that you took a stab at the Heinrich S28. The way that you remade it gives the face a more simple design that makes it more of a focal poin, I like it. And great job developing the Pi-Leg. That is a great design for a leg. The rest of the Pi-Leg frames to come after that are pretty rockin. I love how you have been developing off of that leg design. And I might add what you have been developing, is some really good stuff. Keep it up, great job! :)

Also your Unnamed Random Frame is pretty cool too, love the simpleness of it.

And grats on the 18 Favs ;)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 am

That "unnamed random frame" is really, really good. Especially those legs. The combination of those awesome toes with the stance on the legs is really nice. And then combined with a realistic color scheme and those cannon arms it just looks boss! If I ever find the time to make one of these I definitely will.
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Thank you guys for all the kind words. It's what keeps me inspired to keep bringing you all these random frames. Hopefully they'll inspire ideas in other builders.

Here's a few new ones to share. This first one was an attempt to make a new kind of quad frame. Not all that satisfied with it, but I'm sure someone will see it and come up with ideas for it

ImageTinkTanks
GREEN: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Arm Cannons
YELLOW: d6B d6B Dual Deflectors d8G No Ranged Weaponry

This next one I do like a lot. I'll be tinkering with this design for awhile lol

ImageRoof Strider
No systems yet

I can imagine this one participating in Rooftop Racing (hence the name)

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 am

With my little Niece's birthday coming up, I thought I'd surprise her with 2 new frames for her collection. These are mostly just for fun, but I think she'll like them

ImageBubble Gums
BLUE: d6Y d6Y Dual Scanners, d6G d6G Overpowered booster pods, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
PINK: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Bubblegum blasters.

And while I'm at it, I have another random to share. I actually like how this one came together and currently I'm tinkering how to expand the idea. This one just happened to be cobbled together from spare parts.

ImageS.P. Cobble
Cobble: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Flare Tubes, d6Y Radio Antenna, d6G Foot Boosters.

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments, threats, ideas, criticisms, or questions you may wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:13 am

I love the TinkTanks, they have a very nice and clean mobile turret look!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:41 pm

VitorFaria wrote:I love the TinkTanks, they have a very nice and clean mobile turret look!

I definitely agree, love the color :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:57 am

These next ones were meant to be battlesuits, but when standing next to a Standard Chub, they could pass off as frames. Not quite sure where they fit in. Would like to hear your opinions

ImageKibosh Frame Units
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6Ra d6Ra Over-Shoulder Rocket Launcher, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Antenna
2: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Shoulder Swarmers, d6Y Antenna, d6Y Hand Scanner
3: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Antenna, d6G Boot Thrusters

Last edited by Artasid on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 am

Dang, Astrid, those frames suits look great! Looks like you made use of some really clever connections too; any chance of a breakdown shot?
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 am

Artasid wrote:These next ones were meant to be battlesuits, but when standing next to a Standard Chub, they could pass off as frames. Not quite sure where they fit in. Would like to hear your opinions

In an universe with both mechs and powered armors, it's natural that would exist some hard to classify middle ground units. But I figure that if a Conscript counts as a frame this should count as well.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 pm

VitorFaria wrote:In an universe with both mechs and powered armors, it's natural that would exist some hard to classify middle ground units. But I figure that if a Conscript counts as a frame this should count as well.

That does make a lot of sense, but I just wanted to be sure. Thank you VitorFaria.

spacemonkey wrote:Dang, Astrid, those frames suits look great! Looks like you made use of some really clever connections too; any chance of a breakdown shot?

The connections are actually not that clever-
Breakdown shot? BREAKDOWN SHOT?!?! WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!?! What you ask is the impossible!!!
Okie dokie :lol:

ImageKibosh Breakdown
ImageKibosh Weapons

Here's a Rendering and LDD file as well if anyone's interested

ImageKibosh Rendering

Kibosh LDD
Please note that the Digital Designer, for some odd reason, considers the black arc slope on the top of the unit to be an illegal connection due to the rooftop brick on the back, so I have omitted the slope from the LDD.

Hope you enjoy 8-)

EDIT: Due to generic naming of the Frame Suit, they have been renamed Kibosh
Last edited by Artasid on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for the breakdown! I don't think I would have figured out you used those new minifig blasters make up the core; I may need to look into picking up a few in my next Bricklink order.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:35 am

spacemonkey wrote:Thanks for the breakdown! I don't think I would have figured out you used those new minifig blasters make up the core; I may need to look into picking up a few in my next Bricklink order.

No problem at all. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Here are some new randoms for you all.

FLUFF

"I just don't get it."
Said Private Racheal Malone into her comm as her Brown Vee frame went through it's startup tests.
"Aren't the local LEO's responsible for riots and violent protestors?"
"Normally you would be correct"
Said Sargent Corin Spader as his own Gray Vee finialized the startup procedure.
"However, the local Law Enforcement Officers are not equipped to deal with a frame. And there are confirmed reports that the rioters have hijacked a Loader and are using it to cause property damage."
Racheal rolled her eyes. Their Vee's, though somewhat outdated, are more than a match for a construction Loader frame.
"And we are just a puny garrison force."
Racheal sighed aloud.
"Just shut your yap and get ready to scrap."
The Sargent barked back as the Grey Vee began walking towards the hanger doors, it cylinder muscles expanding and contracting as it walked.
"Just like in training, I'll poke, and you smoke. Understood?"
"Yes Sir!"

ImagePair of Vee Frames
Brown: d6Ra d6Ra Artillery Cannon, d6Y Spotlight, d6Y Antenna
Gray: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Power Chistles, d6G Rear Booster, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

END FLUFF

These next ones I built using those Flick Missile holder parts, hence I named them Flicks. Unfortunately the Lego Digital Designer considers their connections as illegal so I am unable to make an LDD of them for the moment. I have included a partial breakdown to show the central core. These are still a work in progress so only the Pink and Tan have systems. The others have none as yet. and FYI, the Green one was meant for fun.

ImageFlicks
Pink: d6Rd d6Rd Obliterator Cannon, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6G External Battery
Tan: d6Rd d6Rd Chest Cannon, d6Y d6Y Dual Antennas
Others: Systemless

Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Raedien » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Oh my...I like those quite a lot. Nice job. I really need to get a few of those ball/pins you use for the feet.
Raedien
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs