SSC: More Cheapo Sets

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

SSC: More Cheapo Sets

Postby Hackjob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Well like I said here: Dollar Store Sets, I purchased a few of these and here are the others. These builds follow the Single Set Challenge criteria.

First the Police set. This wasn't a very good set parts-wise, lots of blocks and plates too big for 7p mecha. But I managed an okay frame I think. Looks to me like its amed with a Laser Cannon, 40mm Autocannon, Armor Plating, and a Jet Pack. Handy for direct assaults, I think I'll call it the Pacifier or the Placebo. I also got some 1 hit cover and an Ordinace disposal station from the set.

Placebo: d6Rd d6Rd , d8Rd , d6B , d6G

Next the Construction set, I had higher hopes for this set it has -ooh headlight bricks, and 1 wide plates, plus the minifig tools look like they could make good sensor greebles. Unfortunatley, the minifig tools that came with it are different than what is pictured on the box. But I do like how the frame came out. I also got a few fun terrain pieces. Thie big one is some kind of scrap/garbage atomizer with scary lightning bolts zapping between the contacts- don't get too close!

Labor Frame d6Rh d6Rh , d8Rh , d6B , (free) d8G

Although I'm pretty happy with what I made, the quality of these bricks is waayyy below Lego. Buyer beware. You think I might have learned my lesson, but no! :lol:

Tune in next time for:
Hackjob's Further Adventures in the Dollar General... Or:

A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted!!!
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Re: SSC: More Cheapo Sets

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Those were great! Interesting use of plates everywhere.

I have that exact same cop Minifig, it's so bad it's hilarious! :D
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: SSC: More Cheapo Sets

Postby Hackjob » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks! Even though these aren't great sets, I'm pretty happy with the frames I was able to make out of them. And yeah the minifigs are terrible!
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs