Master Chubdam Database

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Master Chubdam Database

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Probably one of the frames I've most enjoyed the experience of building, introducing the Strike Chubdam! Based on the Strike Gundam from Gundam Seed, the new Chubdam also incorporates the three strike packs designed to give it a wide variety options. The Fencer pack adds an anti-ship fusion edge that combines the power of a fusion edge with the reliability of more standard blades, a reinforced gauntlet that is lighter than a full shield but still strong enough to take a hit, and a fusion edge boomerang that can take opponents by surprise. The Assault pack includes a shoulder mounted double rocket launcher and a powerful heavy rifle mounted on a pivot arm on the backpack. Next, the Agile pack includes a strike rifle and shield, along with the highly capable agile flight pack. Finally, all three strike packs can combine for what is known as the Chimera load out, maximizing the Strike Chubdam's firepower and mobility. Aside from the strike packs, notable features of the Chubdam include an improved four prong command antenna, an adjustable back pack to accommodate the agile flight pack, and skirt armor fusion edge storage.

ImageStrike Chubdam w/ Chimera load out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageTraveling in style by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Image1-oh-fife by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAnti-ship fusion edge by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAdjustable backpack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageFusion edge boomerang by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Gundam w/ soldier load out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAgile flight pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike rifle by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Chubdam w/ assault load out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImagePivot arm by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAdjustable backpack ready for agile flight pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Chubdam options by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Gundam Seed is one of my least favorite series, but I really like the way this frame came out. Only adjustment I plan on testing is replacing the skirt armor stored fusion edge hilts with knives once I get my hands on some.

Personally, I really like the combo of the Agile Fencer load out:

ImageStrike Gundam with agile pack and Fencer pack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mrtyler603 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 am

Sorry hydro but that is false advertising. I is obviously the perfect strike chubdam you've made yet you call it the strike chubdam. I'm just kidding. I really love your chubdams. They manage to capture the key features and characteristics of the gundams they are based off of really well. Thank you for the stud.io files.
Mrtyler603
Young Gun

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Mrtyler603 wrote:

Sorry hydro but that is false advertising. I is obviously the perfect strike chubdam you've made yet you call it the strike chubdam. I'm just kidding. I really love your chubdams. They manage to capture the key features and characteristics of the gundams they are based off of really well. Thank you for the stud.io files.

My version of the Perfect Chubdam Chimera Pack includes the Agile pack shield and rifle stored for standby. Also replaced the plasma edge hilts stored in the skirt armor with anti-frame daggers. Might recycle the look of the skirt stored plasma edges for a later design though. Occurs to me I never added the two flight pack mounted plasma edges, but I think there's enough going on as it is that I'm okay with omitting that detail.

ImagePerfect Strike Chubdam Chimera, with Agile pack shield and rifle stored. by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageEverything but the kitchen sink by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStrike Chubdam with skirt stored anti-frame daggers by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageWhen plasma edges can't cut it by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Also got my new Gundam Mk-II shirt in the mail, so it was a good time to update my Chubdam Mk-II. All it really needed was to slightly extend out the chest, add the new back skirt armor plate, and a new backpack. Really like how the new backpacks have been turning out, up to several variations by now depending on the source material. I think they'd work quite nicely with a standard Chub as well (as long as one was willing to reposition the energy pack). Sadly due to space issues I had to replace the charging packs for the back mounted plasma edges with standard plasma edge mounts, but its a small sacrifice for the new backpack design.

ImageNew Gundam MK-II swag by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageDream big kid by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Based on the RX-78 Units 4 and 5, its Chubdams Ruby Devil and Lapis Deva. Common new features to both include fuel tank binders, a new quad thruster style backpack, and arm mounted beam guns. Ruby Devil rocks a new Gatling gun look, while Lapis Deva wields a long range beam rifle.

Also finally making a proper showing is Chubdam Alexa, based on the... well, you get it. A different take on the quad thruster style backpack, side leg mounted thrusters, arm mounted miniguns, a new more economic plasma edge mounting system that plugs directly into the power pack for better charging, and a new machine gun design to boot. A Gundam Alex is a design I've tried off and on over time to build, never quite getting it right. I think the side leg thrusters could still be better, but after many, many versions these have stuck for now.

ImageChubdam Alexa by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageQuad thruster backpack and side leg thrusters by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageArm mounted daka by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Ruby Devil by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageFuel tank binders and quad thruster backpack style 2 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageTime to open an ammo can of daka by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageArm mounted beam guns by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Lapis Deva by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAngel winged fuel tanks by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBeams sold separately by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBrothers in Arms, Brothers in daka by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2odek3vdi2m19 ... va.io?dl=0

Built a LDD for just the first two, since Alexa is similiar enough to the LDD for the standard Chubdam that it probably isn't necessary. But hey, as always if you want me to do an LDD of Alexa or any previous (or new theme!) Chubdams let me know!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:52 am

Rounding out the Stardust Memory Gundam inspired line is Chubdam Vikare, based on the GP03 Stamen. Decided to incorporate the sub-arms as offensive options wielding plasma edges, which regulates the collapsing bazookas to one shot rockets. I used the last unique chest vent piece I had for this build sadly, but fitting since the other 3 went to other Stardust Memory inspired builds. I think the side binders came out better than the back ones, might need to go back some day and duplicate the design.

My love affair with the padlock grows; I used 6 in this build. I'm already running low and will need to order more sometime. They are super useful at this scale, and I know I've only begun to discover the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with them. In particular I'd like to try out some new bendable limb designs sometime, if I don't use all the padlocks for rear leg thrusters on my Chubdams first xD

ImageChubdam Vikare by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageQuad binders by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRight to Sub Arms by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageVon Braun, Vikare, and Apollo by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d8Rr d8Rr d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh d6B d6G d8G d6W d6W

System Key:
Collapsible Bazookas: d8Rr d8Rr
Sub-arm Plasma Edges: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh
Back Mounted Thruster Binders: d6G
Side Mounted Maneuver Binders: d6B
No Ranged Weapons: d8G
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:31 pm

Are you the Grand master of robot building? you make so many and they all look so good.
SamSam
Young Gun

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm

SamSam wrote:Are you the Grand master of robot building? you make so many and they all look so good.

Haha flattery will get you everywhere :P

I'm merely an adapter, not an innovator. All my Chubdams are based off the Chub by Soren, who is the true Grand master of robot building.

If you want to play around with the Chubdam designs, you can download Stud.io (a third party Lego Digital Designer) from the following link; https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/studio.page

Once you do, you can use the following dropbox links to download a few Chubdam frames I've recreated in the program, and tinker to your heart's content!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m75hkxu9gqe2y ... am.io?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2odek3vdi2m19 ... va.io?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/53qceoei9i21s ... am.io?dl=0

If there's a certain build of mine you'd like a file for, let me know and I'll try my best to recreate it as well. If you do come up with some of your own Chubdam designs, I'd love to see it!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:58 pm

New phone, new camera, new Exia inspired Chubdam Braver revamp.

Updated the shoulders to the current Chubdam style, simplified both shields and the GN sword, added rear shoulder mounted plasma edge storage, minor color changes to the chest, and finally completely redid the GN Drive to be smaller and more stylish.

Definitely need to get around to revamping the rest of the Gundam OO inspired line just like I did with the Gundam WIng inspired line, although I'm waiting on some new bricks to arrive for the rest.

ImageExia/Braver 2.0 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageNew GN Drive design and rear shoulder mounted beam sabers by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageGN sword revamp by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBig sword for big problem solving by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageSword Bro by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d8Rr d8Rr d6Rh d6Rh d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6Y d6W d6W

System Key:
Throwing Plasma Edges: d8Rr d8Rr
Anti Frame Sword: d6Rh d6Rh
Beam Pistol: d6Rd d6Rd
Command V-fin: d6Y
Twin Shields: d6B

As an added bonus, a special SD Gundam style shot!

ImageSetsuna would be proud of this SD Gundam by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 am

My first combining frame, the Super Chubdam (Super Gundam)!

When the Chubdam MKII (Gundam MKII) can't keep up with newer and stronger frames, the Lancelot Support Unit (G-Defenser Unit) arrives to save the today, acting as a backpack system that greatly enhances the Chubdam MKII's speed, defensive, and offensive capabilities. Lancelot adds a heavy beam rifle, missile pods, rocket thrusters, and extra armor coverage.

ImageSuper Chubdam, inspired by the Super Gundam by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageA whole lotta backpack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThrusters for days by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStylish yet functional rifle by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d8Rr d8Rr d6Rd d6Ra d6B d6G d6Y d6W d6W

System Key:
d8Rr d8Rr : Rocket Pods
d6Rd d6Ra : Heavy Beam Rifle
d6B : Armor Pontoons
d6G : Rocket Thrusters
d6Y : Command V-fin

Alternatively, the Lancelot can engage on its own in combat as an aerial fighter, using the same systems it adds to the Chubdam MKII on its own.

ImageG-Defenser inspired Lancelot Support Unit by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageView from the ground by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageSpeedy delivery by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageTraveling in style by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d8Rr d8Rr d6Rd d6Ra d6B d6G d6W d6W

System Key:
d8Rr d8Rr : Rocket Pods
d6Rd d6Ra : Heavy Beam Rifle
d6B : Armor Pontoons
d6G : Rocket Thrusters

This was one of the trickier builds I've done, trying to work out how to keep all the features of the G-Defenser in while keeping the weight down and balanced properly. Having the Lancelot work as a solo unit was a secondary goal, but it worked out nonetheless having only had to switch out a single brick after designing it first as a backpack.

Now if I can only figure out how to get the Flying Armor just right.

ImageOne way to do it.... by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam MKII and Lancelot Support Unit by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Three new Chubdams including Demogoblin (Unit-1) armed with a hyper chain, Roland (Unit-3) with a plasma edge javelin ver.2, and Thunderclash (Unit-6: Madrock) with dual noisemaker cannons and plasma edges.

ImageChubdam Demogoblin by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRed board by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageHyper Chain Gang by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Demogoblin Loadout:
d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6Y d6G d8G d6W d6W

Key:
d6Rh d6Rh : Hyper Chain
d6B : Shield
d6G : Jump pack

ImageChubdam Roland by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageSilver thrusters, stylin' by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImagePlasma Edge javelin Ver.2 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Roland Loadout:
d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6Y d6G d8G d6W d6W

Key:
d6Rh d6Rh : Plasma Edge Javelin v2
d6B : Shield
d6Y : Commander V-fin

ImageChubdam Thunderclash by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageNoisemakers by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageProfile in boom by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Thunderclash loadout:
d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6G d6Y d6W d6W

Key:
d6Rd d6Rd : Noisemaker cannons
d6Rh d6Rh : Plasma Edges

All Rx-78 Gundam inspired Chubdams, including all RX-78 Gundams (save Unit-7, because what's the point?).

ImageAll RX-78 inspired Chubdams by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:53 pm

I know you did similar in the past, but those Thunderclash cannons are some of the most elegant around!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks! Yea I seem to use the cannon piece as soon as I get new ones in. They just work so well.

Realized I left out some details on the Thunderclash, which actually worked out well considering the source material (Madrock incomplete vs completed) so I did some minor revamping. Added a new leg thruster design that I might retroactively replace Chubdam Alexa's version with, additional pack thrusters, and reworked how the backpack system is attached and designed. This worked out really well in fixing the balance as well, re-disturbing the weight of the cannons forward and moving the backpack slightly forward as well.

I had no plans on creating a unit 7 since the base form is so similiar to unit 2, but having added so much to the Thunderclash and having the weight/bulk come out so well encourages me to ponder on the unit 7 full armor version....

ImageThubderclash Fullgear by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageLeg thrusters, extra jump pack thrusters, redistributed weight weapon platform by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageHard boost by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Thundclash Fullgear Loadout:
d8Rr d8Rr d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6G d6Y d8G d6W d6W

Forearm Grenade Launchers: d8Rr d8Rr
Noisemaker cannons: d6Rd d6Rd
Plasma Edges: d6Rh d6Rh
Jump pack: d6G
Command V-fin: d6Y
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:10 pm

CmdrRook suggested I build a Jesta themed Chubdam before PAX Unplugged, and I thought I'd have some fun with it. Chubdam Troubel is the result.

This was my first time really working with sand blue, which I was excited to learn came in the tooth plates. Decided to play with dynamic posing as well, adjusting the legs in such a way as I've seen Soren do with standard Chubs in the past to mimic motion. Thought about using the positioning to create knee thrusters, but it didn't quite look right. Maybe if I built around it more. Next time! The shield is mounted on an adjustable subarm, the plasma edge and spare ammo can swing out on the forarms for ease of access, and I was inspired by Davis Hansen's recent post on the FB page to adjust the neck in such a way as to suggest flight. Even the rifle is a fun new design that's nothing special on its own, but simple to make and just different enough from my previous designs to stand out.

All in all this was a very fun twist on the now 30+ Chubdam variation line. Can't wait to use Troubel at PAX!

ImageChubdam Troubel by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageStored Plasma Edge and subarm shield by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThrust effects by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageVariable short rifle and arm stored ammo by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageFly, Chubdam! by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Chubdam Troubel loadout:
d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6G d6W d6W

d6Rd d6Rd : Variable Short Rifle
d6Rh d6Rh : Plasma Edge
d6B : Subarm Shield
d6G : Jump Pack
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 pm

How long has it been since you started these guys? This has been a very impressive run and you're still making fresh designs.

I really like the headpiece for this latest model. It'd look great with some of the "harder" designs like the Enzo from wayback.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:18 pm

May 10th 2015 Chubdam version 1:
ImageST-07 Chub: RX-78 Gundam Custom by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

August 16 2017 Chubdam version who knows:
ImageMobile Frame Chubdam fully loaded by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

2 and a half years? Where does the time go! I was in a different state and different chapter of my life. Its exciting to slowly improve upon the design brick by brick. Can't wait to see where the design is in another 2 years. As for the freshness of the ideas, it reeeeeeally helps when there's some odd 400+ mobile suits out there to draw inspiration from/blatantly copy.

As far for the EnZo, that's a great idea. It needs to be updated to the modern Chubdam style as it is, so I'll play with the Troubel style head armor while I'm at it. Thanks for the idea!
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Atavism wrote:I really like the headpiece for this latest model. It'd look great with some of the "harder" designs like the Enzo from wayback.

I agree!

With some very minor tweaking I managed to improve the design (always bothered me the original was off center by a tiny bit) and once I started revamping the frame I couldn't stop. Totally new rifle with a slimmed scope sensor I've been toying around for ages now. Totally new backpack that I think is closer to the source material, looks better when the grips are closed, and should work better over all when I get around to designing a new weapons pack for it to carry.

ImageEnZo 2.0, inspired by the Ez8 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRevamped backpack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBackpack grips open by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

With PAX Unplugged right around the corner I decided to go ahead and revamp the Ground Chubdam as well, not that it needed much to catch up to the modern Chubdam aesthetic, as its on my list of 25 frames to bring. Really should try to cut down on the number of frames (23 of them are Chubdams!), but that may wait until the realities of transporting them safety set in.

ImageGround Chubdam 3.0 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Image08th team shield by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBig pistol love by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRevamps to the ground team by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageDa ground team by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:42 pm

After working with the EnZo revamp, decided to bring the new piece usage over to the Troubel, coming full circle. Of course I couldn't just leave it at a straight copy, so I tweaked it a bit more. The spy style comms mike deal-o might not make a whole lotta sense when it comes to mechs, but I thought it looked cool. Plus its a touch closer to the Jesta source material.

ImageTroubel modified head piece by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Dominus 2.0. Was suppose to be breaking down and packing frames for PAX Unplugged trip tomorrow, and found myself revamping a few older frames in preparation. One frame in particular was in drastic need of modernizing, and the change was great. I wasn't originally planning on bringing Tiny Rick to PAX, but now that I realized I can legit nickname one of my frames Tiny Rick I kinda have to.

ImageDominus 2.0 by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageWhen the boost gauge is full by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageA big gun for big rats by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageYou lookin' at me? by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageBy the light by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageYou have my sword by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:05 pm

The Hydromancer wrote:I wasn't originally planning on bringing Tiny Rick to PAX, but now that I realized I can legit nickname one of my frames Tiny Rick I kinda have to.

Now you MUST make a Pickle Rick!! :lol: 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Frame Designs